MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and gun ownership in general. Brought my first pistol about 2 weeks ago, M&P 10mm 4.6". Cleaned it and put about 150rds through it at the range last week. Decided to give it another quuck clean and lube today as I won't have any more ammo for it for a bit and noticed the end of the slide lock spring on the right hand side was out of the frame and resting on the block. It looks as though it is sat in a groove and supposed to be there but i hadnt noticed it before and can't find any info as to whether or not this is normal or a defect. Some people in a reddit post had differing opinions and I have emailed S&W but was hoping someone here may have some insight.
Revolver Grey Everyday carry Air gun Eyewear

·
Registered
204 Posts
According to the picture, it is not "resting" on the frame but is sitting in the groove made for it, as it should be. All of my guns are made that way, both S&W and SIG.

Good to ask though.

Hopefully others will be along to reassure you also.

Reactions: AIRB0RNE6176

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to the picture, it is not "resting" on the frame but is sitting in the groove made for it, as it should be. All of my guns are made that way, both S&W and SIG.

Good to ask though.

Hopefully others will be along to reassure you also.
Thanks for the response! I reached out to S&W support and they assured me this is normal for the 10mm model. Also went through as many YT reviews as I could find and see if I could spot this on their guns and every one that actually stripped and showed that part of the weapon had the same. There was one video that mentioned that spring being "popped out" so that is what led me to worry about it but he never followed up on whether it was normal or not. Other M&P models have that spring in different locations as well so I was a little worried. Glad it's good to go and ready to get back out there to train!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts