MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Almost all of my M&P handguns have come in a cardboard box and I wish all guns did. Once I take the gun out it goes in my safe and that box gets thrown in a big box up in my attic.

·
Registered
40 Posts
OMG!!! A cardboard box!! Thanks for that info, I will never, ever consider buying a S&W now if its shipping in a cardboard box. Whew, that was a close one.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'll give you the reason

This is from another post on how mass production works. It is from the serial number discussion that has been going on for 13 years.

"Talking to S&W there is no rhyme or reason as to serial numbers and build dates. Someone in a suit decides they are going to make a run of 10,000 guns. They are going to make $100 off of each so 1 million dollars off of that production run. He puts people on it and they make sure they have all the parts they need to make 10,000.
They do it and maybe the one thing they don't have is 10,000 cases. That's why some people get a black case, blue case or cardboard box."

I hope that makes some people feel better about getting a cardboard box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, at least MY cardboard box was printed on 40% recycled paper! If anyone wants to order extra cardboard boxes, the box part number is 3010665.

Sorry, I was bored and couldn't help myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My M&P 2.0 9mm thumb safety 3.6..Came in cardboard box. Bought a S&W plastic box from Midway. So I can lock when traveling in states that do not recognize my CCW.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I prefer the S&W cardboard boxes. They are right along side the plastic boxes I have stored in the garage collecting dust. So, give me a cardboard box to keep the price of the handgun a little lower and I am happy. All my gund and mags go in a safe anyways.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I just got the nice black M&P plastic case AND a low price; WIN.
I have a couple of nice M&P 2.0 plastic cases that are taking up space in my garage rafters with the rest of my plastic cases.
I'm going to have to get a bigger cardboard box to hold all of my nice plastic cases.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts