MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The city of Denver has passed a law that make's it a felony if you own a 17 round magazine, which is what I have for my M&P 2.0 9mm 5" Carry weapon. Does anyone have a recommendation for what to buy to make this happen ? Or how to do it myself ?

thank you in advance

·
Registered
139 Posts
Gun Mag Warehouse has the 15 round mags for $25. I don’t know if there are better deals out there on them right now or not. I will try to supply a link.

They are currently out of stock here, but they have had them in stock until just recently.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/brands/smith-wesson/?p=2

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I think the whole thing is utterly ludicrous. What benefit do the morons think come from carrying 2 less rounds? Do not be surprised if in another year or so they decide it should only be 12 or 10.

Loss of rights does not usually occur all at once. It insidiously creeps up on the unsuspecting cloaked in such disguises as “common sense laws” until one day it is gone.

Getting back a lost right is considerably more difficult than defending it in the first place.

·
Registered
597 Posts
You might consider going all the way to the 10-round option which should future-proof you. Unless you plan to get into a protracted gun fight 11 rounds should be more than adequate for any encounter and if you carry a second 10-round magazine you are more than well equipped.

LordRahl's comments are correct but of little comfort for this particular situation.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Pretty soon will be back to muskets & ball. Then they`ll outlaw our possibles bags because it`ll carry to many ammo components.

We`re just sitting here like sitting ducks, being ordered around by communists in power.
We the people are becoming, none of the people....very sad.

WHEN WILL WE EVER RISE UP AND TAKE BACK OUR RIGHTS FOLKS

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pretty soon will be back to muskets & ball. Then they`ll outlaw our possibles bags because it`ll carry to many ammo components.

We`re just sitting here like sitting ducks, being ordered around by communists in power.
We the people are becoming, none of the people....very sad.

WHEN WILL WE EVER RISE UP AND TAKE BACK OUR RIGHTS FOLKS
About to the time gun owners grow their balls back. Right now, most have jobs, healthcare and NFL.

Contrast with how my wife grew up in Commie Romania: one pound of beef per family per week, two loaves of bread per week and one pound of sugar per month. These idiots on the American Left think they’ll get to keep eating cake if their political dreams are realized.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well its better than nothing. Or becoming a felon. He`ll need to find something, or buy a different gun all together.
Very sad what this country has become. Communists telling you what you can have.
Not suggesting he become a felon. My point being, a lot of aftermarket magazines do not function reliably, and actually are NOT better then nothing if your life depends on it. Smith obviously manufactures m&p's and magazines that are compliant in states with capacity restrictions.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-9-m20-15-rds

I'm sure replacement/extra magazines are available.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It may or may not matter but these are "NOT" manufactured by Smith and Wesson.
While I have not used any of these myself for an M&P, I sure wouldn’t worry about them being made by ACT. They make mags for a lot of different manufacturers. I have more than my share for my 1911’s in 38S and 45ACP and they are perfect.

Reactions: PaPow

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Not suggesting he become a felon. My point being, a lot of aftermarket magazines do not function reliably, and actually are NOT better then nothing if your life depends on it. Smith obviously manufactures m&p's and magazines that are compliant in states with capacity restrictions.

I`m sorry DOAFS, i should have been more clear....
i wasnt accusing you of saying that at all. I was agreeing with you.
Better to have legal mags rather than face a felony.

·
Registered
30 Posts

I have the 17 round version from the ACT manufacturer and have not had any issues.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
About to the time gun owners grow their balls back. Right now, most have jobs, healthcare and NFL.

Contrast with how my wife grew up in Commie Romania: one pound of beef per family per week, two loaves of bread per week and one pound of sugar per month. These idiots on the American Left think they’ll get to keep eating cake if their political dreams are realized.
Well, when its all gone, they`ll wish they had a set of balls. Maybe they can order a set of balls from the stupid rich NFL players, that disrespect our american flag so much. Regardless, i`m afraid its to late. We`ve been losing our gun rights since the 60`s. This latest shooting is more icing on their liberal cake.

Commie Romania:
Wont be long, this country will be in the same boat. At least your wife will already know what thats like huh.
Its all fun an games, until they run out of the other peoples money. When THAT happens, we`re ALL done.

Hats off to you sir, you get it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
OP, what about non-residents of Denver? I pretty much have to travel through Denver to get anywhere, unless they're going to foot the E-470 bill for me. Are they saying that they can stop any car or person in the city/county and charge them with a felony for being in possession of something that's legal in the remainder of the state? Does that mean that if I'm carrying in Adams county, I need to stop at the county line, pull out my 2 round limiter, dis-assemble all the mags on my person, rebuild them, drive 20 minutes, and do it again when I hit Arapahoe? Are these people insane?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.