MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I have a M&P 2.0 Compact 4" and I was wondering if mechanically would there be any concern with using a 4.25" (model not OAL of the barrel) threaded barrel in mine? I highly doubt the breech face or any internal workings would differ from the 4" too the 4.25" model besides the OAL of the barrel?

I noticed on SW website you can get a Compact (15rd cap.) model with a threaded barrel which is spec'd at 4.625" length... Wouldn't this methodology apply to what I am questioning?

If I am way off base please let me know! lol.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wouldn't say off base but I don't know the answer.

I do know that Apex makes threaded barrels for 4" 2.0's. They are drop in and mine fits with less play than the OEM barrel. They are $199 but appear to be currently out of stock at Apex. You might find one at a reseller like Midway or Brownells.

If any 3.6 M2.0 owners are reading this I see that Apex now lists threaded barrels for them. Same price and appeared to be in stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chuck,

I actually already have a drop in barrel, issue was it was a impulse late night buy and I selected the wrong length.... lol.

If I cannot get this one to work as-is (safely of course) without modifications then I will just post it for sale on the forums for someone else to use!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Tex,
I have used a S&W 4.25" .357 SIG barrel in my 4" M&P40 2.0 with no issues. I had the same question and my conclusion was if you can run a longer threaded barrel in a slide then a slightly longer non threaded barrel should be okay. I've used the 4.25" .357 SIG barrel in both my M&P40 4.25" and M&P40 2.0 4.0". I've experienced no issues at all.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have an M&P 2.0 Compact 40 and purchased a factory FS 357 Sig barrel and a Storm Lake FS 9mm conversion barrel as well. I had my local smith turn down both barrels and add an 11 degree crown. Both dropped in, functioned 100% and provided the similar accuracy as the 40 barrel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts