MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with this plate i don’t like the idea of plastic plates as it puts all the stress on just the screws so I ordered the C&h plate. There’s not much info on it what’s it made out of and does it come with screws does it hold the Rmr in snug so it’s doesn’t just rely on the post lugs and screws for the strength?

·
Registered
M&P, Glock 1911?
18 Posts
I have this plate with an SRO on a 5”,

It’s probably going to be moved over to an RMR on a 4” soon.

I can get you some pics tonight if you like.

It’s metal, it’s so light I believe aluminum but I think they are steel.

Yes they really go out of their way to fill in all the gaps deon and rear that the factory optics ready guns machine out to “try” and give us every option.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have this plate with an SRO on a 5”,

It’s probably going to be moved over to an RMR on a 4” soon.

I can get you some pics tonight if you like.

It’s metal, it’s so light I believe aluminum but I think they are steel.

Yes they really go out of their way to fill in all the gaps deon and rear that the factory optics ready guns machine out to “try” and give us every option.
awesome if you can post a pic that would be awesome!!! I have it on order

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do much better than the plastic oem lol now I won’t feel skirmish about racking the Rmr off of things! Thanks man

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a sealing plate looks like I’ll need it if I want to retain the full water proof

·
Registered
M&P, Glock 1911?
18 Posts
I have a sealing plate looks like I’ll need it if I want to retain the full water proof
Hmmm
Great question... I believe you would yes with an RMR given the two “indexing” mounds that are present on the slide.

I had an SRO on a 5" so no sealing plate however the CHPWS plate will be migrated to a 4" and I'll be putting my RMR on it.

I may need to order another RMR plate from them. I almost ordered two the first go around but oh well.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have that C&H plate on my 5" M&P9 2.0 CORE used to mount a Holosun 507C and it is very secure. The Holosun doesn't need a sealing plate as the battery is replaced without removing the sight.

Mine came with the wrong mounting screws but a call to C&H got me the correct ones very quickly.

·
Registered
M&P, Glock 1911?
18 Posts
Looks great!

Nice holster choice too!

I have a Ragnarok for an X-300U for mine.

I really need to get a TLR-1 as I like the switching better for my hands.

Someone needs to mod up an X-300U switch that doesn’t allow constant on when pushed down on the left side.

Maybe I’ll dig into my switch guts and see if it’s something easily done or not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks great!

Nice holster choice too!

I have a Ragnarok for an X-300U for mine.

I really need to get a TLR-1 as I like the switching better for my hands.

Someone needs to mod up an X-300U switch that doesn’t allow constant on when pushed down on the left side.

Maybe I’ll dig into my switch guts and see if it’s something easily done or not.
I’m a big fan of the tlr hl this is the new 1000 lm 20k candella it’s got a crazy hotspot

·
Registered
560 Posts
I’m a big fan of the tlr hl this is the new 1000 lm 20k candella it’s got a crazy hotspot
If the switch isn't perfect for your hand size, look at the "Pflster ARC".
For the TLR 1&2 it gives two different switch sizes you can change to.
I used the one that is stock size on the right and extended on the left.
The other is extended on both sides.

My thumb is just a little short to touch the switch with my firing grip with the stock switch, now its perfect. My trigger finger touch's it fine on the right side so that's why I chose the one I did.

Its about $25.00 and takes 3 minutes to swap on the streamlight. They make one for surefire also but I've not used it.

ETA: the switch I used can be flipped for left hand shooters, so short on left extended on right.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts