MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, am a proud owner of a new M&P 2.0 Full size. This comes optics ready and has a bag of mounting plates. However, the mounting plates are made of plastic? Is it safe to use the included mounting plates to mount the red dot?? Anyone have any experiencing using the kit?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I just received the same pistol and, yes, the inserts are plastic. However, the on the red dot load is taken by the fastening bolts and the plate just locates it initially. These plates are plenty strong for the job they are expected to do and should pose absolutely no problems. The older M&P 1.0 CORE has been available for years and no problems with its red dot mounts have ever been reported.

My problem with the M&P9 2.0 CORE is that the included owner's manual makes absolutely no mention of the CORE system and doesn't tell me anything about what plate is used with what red dot. There was a description of it's use and a table of plates/red dots in the manual for the 1.0 CORE (I found it on-line) but it was crude and is way out of date. S&W did e-mail me an updated chart which is better but still very inadequate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I was watching an Youtube video of the CORE 1.0 mounts and I thought those were metal (based on what I saw and heard). And I agree with you on the instruction, non-existent. Are you able to share the updated chart that you got from S&W? Which red dot are you getting?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Are you able to share the updated chart that you got from S&W? Which red dot are you getting?
Here is a link to the .pdf S&W sent me but, as I said it's not much better than the old one.

I have a Leupold Deltapoint Pro I'm going to put on my 2.0.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts