MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky enough to get an M&P 22 a couple months ago, and have been searching for magazines for it.

I started looking for the 42251 (12 rd) and 42250 (10 rd). Recently I discovered that there's a 42413 (12 rd) and 42414 (10 rd) that might be the same magazine.

Does anyone know the difference between the 42251 and the 42413? I've looked high and low and can't seem to find one.

Thanks
DJ

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks!

That didn't really answer my question though. Both the 42251 and the 42413 magazines are 12-round mags. It appears that S&W has changed the part number from 42251 to 42413 for some odd reason. I do believe they are the same magazine.

Maybe they redesigned it so it doesn't flip the first round up vertically every single time when you release the slide with the thumb catch. Does anyone else have that issue?

I ran 6 magazines through it yesterday. The slide was closed when I loaded the first mag, so I racked it by hand. After that, the slide was locked open after firing the last round, so I just dropped the mag, reloaded it, and re-inserted it. I used to inserting pistol mags with a good bit of oomph, so maybe the round popped up when I did that. I didn't happen to check. Hmmm...

·
Registered
720 Posts
The reason the first round flips up is from the inertia of inserting the magazine too fast. I practice IDPA with mine and ran into this problem, until I slowed down the insertion and didn't "ram it home".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stronger spring

I didn't use a calibrated device to measure the tension on the spring, but I have both the 42250 (507.600) and the 42414 (507.601) and the later model's spring is noticably stronger. My guess is there was a FTF problem that is resolved with a stronger spring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts