MP-Pistol Forum banner

261 - 280 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased the M&P 9mm rear sight from Brownell's. I had to take a file to the metal sights for a few minutes, then it would fit. I wanted mine fairly tight so I used a piece of wood to get it centered.
I did mark up the soft aluminum slide where I slid the dovetail in. 2 seconds with some Rust-Oleam flat black and a tooth pick and perfecto.
Just returned from the range and it shoots dead on with the stock front sight. I have a laser on the gun as well, so I got that dialed in along with the iron sights.
Best $17 I spent in a while.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
That's an M&P 22 I've got one in my hand and it compares perfectly.
:huh:

We don't get too many replies to posts that old, welcome to the forum. :stuart:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't know if ya'll are aware of this, but you can make a 10 rnd mag into a 12 rnd by taking out the aluminum spacer on the floorplate. Take the mag apart and you'll see it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
does anyone know where there is a supply of mags? I have the 22000 with the 12 rd mags and could only find them at brownells but backordered. I'm going to try the method bsiburt mentioned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
44mag.com has them but they are $40! Yikes just bought some from them on the 13th and they were $29. Let the gouging begin.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just picked up one of these today for my wife, who just finished the NRA Basic Pistol course, and enjoys shooting .22LR. Of course, that means it's also for me, as I'm close to running out of 9mm ammo, and this will be a lot cheaper to shoot! :D I've noticed that there is a LOT of grease on this gun that'll need to be cleaned off. I sure don't remember seeing as much on my 9c!

So now my M&P family consists of the 9c and the 22. Later this year I'd like a 15/22, a FS of some sort, and maybe the M&P15, if I don't build my own from parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased the M&P22 a couple weeks ago. So far I have shot Federal, CCI, and Winchester through mine without problems. I had some old Remington target 22 ammo (standard velocity) that I tried and had a few times that the slide failed to pick up next shell from magazine. Other than that, no trouble. I like the appearance and the feel of the weapon and its fun to shoot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone found a magazine loader that works? I have several Universal types that do not work.

Brassstacker.com claims to have one specifically for the M&P 22. Also works with the P22, SR22 and some others.

-Gary

·
Registered
189 Posts
Has anyone found a magazine loader that works? I have several Universal types that do not work.

Brassstacker.com claims to have one specifically for the M&P 22. Also works with the P22, SR22 and some others.

-Gary
If the Maglula BabyUpLULA performs like the UpLULA, that's the only way to go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
10rd Mags

Anyone know info on this? Saw this in the "sold" on Budgun shop. There was one sold with a 10rd mags and another with a 12rd mags.
Yes, there is a 10rd and 12rd mag for the 22lr M&P.. The 10rd mag is for states that require 10rds per Law!!!! Some states require 7rds...Don't know anything about 7rds mags....Just can't own.

·
Registered
5 Posts
apex trigger for 22 yet?

Did apex ever come out with a trigger kit for the m&p 22? I couldn't find anything. Just bought my 22 and shot 300 rds thru it. Trigger is loooongg. Decent break though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all, I'm new to this forum. I own the M&P 22 and it prefers to use the CCI AR Tactical ammo. I started with Winchester Super-X and it would cause feed issues. Do you think this is an issue with the gun or an ammo issue?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello all, I'm new to this forum. I own the M&P 22 and it prefers to use the CCI AR Tactical ammo. I started with Winchester Super-X and it would cause feed issues. Do you think this is an issue with the gun or an ammo issue?
That is a typical 22, I have a few m&p22's and none of them liked winchester xpert high velocity but they love the remington golden bullets, even though they are filthy. But each gun is different, try out a few brands and stock up on what works (when you can find it)

261 - 280 of 285 Posts