MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this baby since they first came out. I really want to enjoy it but I am having some sight issues. I get it out once in a while to tinker with but I'd like to use it for a low cost training aid for my m&p 9mm.

Shots are way left, on 8" shootnsee target I'm talking outer ring edge.

I have my rear sight all the way over to the right edge of the slide. Decent but still not right, can hit inner circle with few bulls but still needs to go more to the right. The elevation is perfect.

Front sight appears to be even.

Any ideas before I start adjusting on the front?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mine did the same.....

Way off to the left, and even grouped horribly.

Sent it back to S&W and got it back with new barrel, its perfect now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine did the same.....

Way off to the left, and even grouped horribly.

Sent it back to S&W and got it back with new barrel, its perfect now.
I took your advise and sent it off to S&W well it came back today and I guess it wasn't me after all. They replaced the slide with adjustable sights even, and they replaced the barrel.

I would have never sent it back I would have just put it away. Thank you! I hope to shoot it tomorrow to see if its right now.

Ron

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just picked up mine last week. It has been in my safe ever since. Dang it need to head out to the range and see if mine is okay. Glad to know S&W fixed 67gtonut's. Please do post an update.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a new shooter and my shots of off to the left and a little lower then centrer, and I am getting multiple bulls eysye. I am using free hand using both both hands and have not touched the rear sight. The ammo that I am using is CCI. I have two questions are other people have trouble getting ammo, and getting additional magizines, I only have the 12 rd. magazine that came with the gun. I am not cheap but I can't see paying twice the suggested manufacturers price. Does anyone have any thoughts, I practiced with a Glock 17 and was suggest to purchase a SW9VE due to the way I was pulling the trigger, I have used it twice and not as good as with the Glock but I did get some bulls eyes. I purchased the M&P 22 to get used to the grip, assuming all S&W grips would be similar, but I have not been able to get ammo to use the 9 mm. I am hoping that what I did does make some sense.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine is consistently way left, even on a rest and with the sights adjusted to the limit. My M&P 9 FS is far more accurate. I was told that if I contacted S&W they would first ask if I put at least 1K rounds through, which I have not.
Any truth to that?
If I were to send it to S&W, what should be the expected turnaround time?
If I wanted the rear sight replaced with white dot sight to more closely appear like the M&P9, would this be something I could ask SW to do at the same time?

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have found in dealing with their customer service, that if you don't like the answer you get, call back and talk to a different person, as their answers are all over the board.

·
Registered
152 Posts
CanadianMP9 - 5 months and you still don't have your M&P22 back yet???? Sorry but there has to be more to your post......... There is nothing in a M&P22 that keeps your firearm at S&W that long.... What was the initial problem?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
This is the problem with buying something that has to go back to Germany for service. Huge pile red tape getting it there and back; blame your government. :X

1 - 18 of 18 Posts