MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just got back from the "range" with my pistol. Decided to put it through a random dirt test and I was honestly surprised by the results. I tried to do shake out a minimum amount of dirt both times I did it.

First try it worked flaweless other than a gritty, nasty slide and trigger but it worked. Then I really got the dirt in and experienced the malfunctions. It did not want to go into battery twice, not too big of a deal considering I didn't work the slide at all. What surprised me is that the magazine failed EXTREMELY easy, IMO at least. Despite the out of battery issue and magazine issue, the gun shot and worked OK. Posted on youtube in two different parts.

I think I say it in the video but obviously this is out of normal usage so I am not at all worried about the performance when the gun is clean. Any ideas for the next test?

Link to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ98P7QOShM

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Jam it into a pile of wet snow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha, I wish I could do that! Too bad the California sun doesn't permit, well, not close by me any ways.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Ha, I wish I could do that! Too bad the California sun doesn't permit, well, not close by me any ways.
Shove the M&P into a few snow cones or some shaved ice, just make sure someone isn't eating it. :laughing:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol, an interesting test for sure!

Forgot to mention, there are two separate videos for the entire test, the first being pretty bland and straight forward.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I have only done the slide so far. The slide internally wasn't too bad actually. I will again pimp Froglube, it really helped keep dirt from "sticking" to everything, a dry brush basically took care of everything. It was a mixture of dry dirt mud from the Froglube but was easy removed. I did the same thing to my 1911 and that took about 3.5 hours. The 1911 wasn't Froglubed and I could tell, everything just stuck and was harder to remove.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
uploadfromtaptalk1403343745570.jpg

Sorry not the best picture but like a fool, the only one I took. The inside was 10 times worse than the outside.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts