MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I just found this site and have a question. I just picked up my M&P .40 and I wanted to dry fire it. Nothing happening when I pull the trigger. What I mean is no "click" of the firing pin. After racking the slide I tried with the mag. in and out. Am I doing something wrong? This is a Massachusetts compliant pistol.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Triple check and make sure it isn't loaded. Rack it and it should work. Do you have the mag disconnect?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coltman1985 said:
Triple check and make sure it isn't loaded. Rack it and it should work. Do you have the mag disconnect?

Yes I have the mag. disconnect. Tried it 10 times nothing.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
It should work for any but Mass. or Cal. guns. Probably should for them also with an empty mag. If you can't go to the range yet can you get some snap caps and try again.

Have you opened it up and looked around. It's is not very complex and you might be able to see a problem.

Good luck. :twisted:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TOF said:
It should work for any but Mass. or Cal. guns. Probably should for them also with an empty mag. If you can't go to the range yet can you get some snap caps and try again.

Have you opened it up and looked around. It's is not very complex and you might be able to see a problem.

Good luck. :twisted:

No luck with live ammo at the range. My dealer will give me another.

Thanks.

·
Registered
936 Posts
My guess is that the sear disconnect lever was snapped off while in the down position.

·
Registered
132 Posts
olyeller said:
My guess is that the sear disconnect lever was snapped off while in the down position.

I've spent awhile thinking about this and that is the same thing I came up with. I was also wondering about the internal lock, but the trigger wouldn't move to rear much in that case. I guess he has a dealer that will swap it out for him, which is good business.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I've never handled one with a trigger lock. Does it lock the sear in place or does it disconnect the trigger bar?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a dummy

Guys please don't laugh. I forgot it has a 10 lb. trigger pull. I feel so stupid as I went back to the gun shop and it's 'clicked' just fine.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Re: I'm a dummy

MikeI said:
Guys please don't laugh. I forgot it has a 10 lb. trigger pull. I feel so stupid as I went back to the gun shop and it's 'clicked' just fine.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Have fun brother.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

:? :oops:
I have heard of crazier things happening.....lmao

Happy shooting

MikeI said:

·
Registered
215 Posts

MikeI said:

My M&P has a 6.5 lb pull does the Massachesetts model differ?

·
Registered
708 Posts
this gota be like i forgot to plug the power cable in to turn on the computer.. or like when a lady put her credit card into the floppy drive...

my response was going to be it must be locked. i have the lock on my model and if its locked it cant fire..

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
You know I almsot put a post up today saying in Mass it takes two guys to fire it one to hold and the other to pull the rope, but I thought it may have been cruel to poke fun of a guy with a bum gun.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Another hall of fame thread.

Dude...either your wife is too good to you or you aren't good enough to yourself. You need some alone time to work on that grip strength.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Sounds like you need to get out of Mass.

Enjoy your new toy. :twisted:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts