MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am new to the forum as well as the world of handguns in general. I recently got a m&p 40 fs as well as a new flashlight laser combo ($80 at Walmart?). I have a cheap holster already but not one that fits the new light.

I have also attenpted to color the lettering on the slide with white nail polish but have encountered problems getting the fill to be just right and I am looking for tips.

Lastly, I am looking to upgrade the grip with a new backstrap and possibly stippling and possibly even an apex kit.

I don't get to shoot often as there are no ranges nearby. But I keep it as a nightstand gun and occasionally get to target shoot. Any and all advice on what upgrades I should consider and their approximate cost would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for lettin me know. I kind of assumed it was a POS. Maybe I'll return it and invest I'm the tlr-4 or something similar.

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
If you want to do it right, consider a Crimson Trace Lasergrip with either a Crimson Trace Lightguard or a ltr-1 or 3.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I would spend my money on training and ammo rather than upgrades at this point since you don't get to shoot much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I wasn't able to return the light because I misplaced the receipt. If anyone wants to buy a nebo light/laser for $70 pm me ;)

I'm still interested in a stippling job and possibly some new backstraps. Any advice?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks a lot! I felt like I found a new home when I came here :p more information than I can grasp

I completely agree. The only ammo I have found locally is federal 135 gr hydrashock low recoil jhp and winchester fmj's for target shooting. I havnt gotten a chance to shoot the federals and am concerned about reliability issues?

My main problem is that I can't find a place to shoot. I am in oxford, ms and we have a local shop that sells everything from short barrel rifles and shotguns to silencers and custom race guns. But I can't find a single place to target shoot.

Sorry if I am throwing a lot out there. I am avid about research and am trying to soak in as much as possible.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I am in oxford, ms and we have a local shop that sells everything from short barrel rifles and shotguns to silencers and custom race guns. But I can't find a single place to target shoot.
Have you asked them where everyone shoots? For them to sell what you say they sell I'm sure there's probably someplace fairly close by where their customers go to shoot their new toys!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the help. It seems that the closest shooting range is a town or so away. I've learned most people around here own land personally or know someone who doesn't care if they shoot on their land. Looks like I'm in for little drive any time I want to practice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts