MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any companies out there have like a hogue grip. I shot a glock the other day with one and just love the way it feels.. I cann't seem to find any company that makes them.

any help would be help full.

thanks

ps

for some reason Ive put through 2,000plus rnds through my 40 no problems . But now im having problems shooting , holding , aiming.. I think its just mental but yesterday at the range first 10 shots were grouped pretty close, but not what I ussually do. and then it went all down hill from there, trying to grip gun different, trying to read the sights different,.. maybe it was just the cold.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I use the hogue with the medium backstrap and it feels like the size of the large but just a little bit better for my grip. It felt really nice with the large in the palm for me but just a little to long for my fingers. I realy like the finger grooves.

·
Registered
280 Posts
A tip: if you find yourself making errors out of the norm, stop shooting and take at least a couple of days off. Else you could begin practicing poorly and develop habits contrary to what you've done in the past. Consistency is everything in firearms, after all.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Hogue slip on grips come in two sizes. Large and small (I think that's their designation). The large hogue grip will certainly fit a fullsize M&P and many other autos.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Definitely get the large size. I had an old small size with a tiny tear at its bottom in the closet and tried to get it on my 40C. Took some doing, but I ended up getting it on the frame without any stock backstrap on. Because of the tear, I trimmed a copule mm off the hogue before putting it on the gun. I then carefully cut a hole in the hogue so that the stock backstrap nipple would push through it and be able to be mounted on the gun. What I ended up with was hogue grip fingers on the front and S&W large backstrap on the back of the grip. I shot it and it's comfortable. I'm not sure I'm going to keep it this way as I would like hogue all the way around the grip for the extra stickiness on the back too. Was an interesting project though. I'll try to post a pic sometime.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts