MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my bad experience with the M&P 45, I decided to try out the 40. Just a glutton for punishment I guess. Well I picked up a NIB M&P 40 locally for $499 (before 2 free mags and rebate), cleaned and lubed it and hit the range with 350 rounds. I did not have one problem with the gun. It shot fantastically and I could not make it choke. I tried feeding it hollow points after it got dirty (Speer Gold 180 grain short barrel flying ashtrays) while limp wisting and even shooting it upside down. I'll let it run for 1000 trouble free rounds before a formal decision, but I think this one is a keeper. The shorter slide just makes the gun feel better balanced to me than the 45 and the design does a great job of taming the 40's snappiness. And it's hard to scoff at 15+1 rounds of 40S&W. I may just have to pick up a M&P 9 for cheaper fun.

The below target is the first five magazines I put through the gun. I was shooting at an indoor range with crappy, uneven light. All groups were fired with a standing, two hand, unsupported hold. Not too bad for a rookie!

·
Registered
937 Posts
nice groups!!! I love my 40 also, and were I to pick one gun to keep during hard financial times, it would be it. Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
coltman1985 said:
I don't care what caliber one uses for self defense, but MINE will start with a 4!!

Nice...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Glad we have a happy shooter :wink: I was doing my monthly cleaning last night and thought I still love this gun
nice groups

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to a wondeful world... :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts