MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to buy a full-size M&P in .40 S&W for $479. Should I jump on it?

I handled it and fell in love with the grip instantly, so it's probably a question of when, not if.

One question, though- where do you get night sights? The one I have a chance to buy doesn't have them from the factory. I understand that if you get an M&P with factory night sights, they're Trijicons, but Trijicon doesn't list the sights on their web page.

·
Registered
505 Posts
the mp-store has the factory night front sight

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
they are made specifically for smith, and smith prolly has the liscence to be the only one to sell them to anyone, including me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the way

I put a deposit on that sucker yesterday. No word yet on whether I can get the specific config I wanted (#209300), but even if I have to get the overly complicated version (mag disconnect "safety" and internal lock), it's a decent deal.

Brownell's sells the night sights separately as front night sight (Brownell's SKU 940-000-976) and rear night sight (940-000-980), which go for a total of about $141. Ouch! Maybe once the M&P has been around a while, the price will come down a bit. Or not. Night sight sets for certain guns are just much more expensive, for reasons known only to Trijicon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts