MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of an M&P .40 (MPP7XXX - date on the shell casing envelope was 5/31/07) full-size last Saturday and took it to the range last night for a brief workout.

1) The gun did not display any obvious flaws in workmanship, finish, etc. I lubed it per the manual.

2) Problem: I cannot, for the life of me, pull the grip "T" thing out of the frame. 1/4 (or 1/2 or 3/4!) turn right or left was to no avail. It's stuck. I don't want to yank on a plastic part with pliars.

3) It ejected empty magazines with vigor and full magazines a bit more slowly. I ordered it WITH the magazine safety.

4) The medium grip shell felt fine.

5) 100 or so rounds of Americal Eagle 165 grain FMJ functioned just fine. Empty cases were ejected away from me - no hot ones trapped between my cheek and eye glasses!

Thoughts: I can't believe the gun hold 15 rounds of .40 - the ergonomics are great. Loading all 15 was a bit of a chore but a lot easier than a Glock 23.

6) The magazine release does feel a bit too light, compared to my other pistols. The mag never fell out, though.

7) Trigger reset is short, but I cannot feel it "click" in the manner of a Glock.

I think it is a well-designed pistol overall.

·
Registered
11 Posts
FRT007 said:
2) Problem: I cannot, for the life of me, pull the grip "T" thing out of the frame. 1/4 (or 1/2 or 3/4!) turn right or left was to no avail. It's stuck. I don't want to yank on a plastic part with pliars.

I had the same problem with mine. I finally managed to brute force it out. There after it got easier, but never what I'd call easy to pull out.

·
Registered
282 Posts
FRT007 said:

Place a piece of cloth around some pliers and twist it easy. I had to do both my M&Ps that way and move it back and forth to loosen it up.

I oiled mine on my 40 before I put it back in :roll:

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
FRT007 said:
Remove the grip tool with a 1/4 turn in any direction. It comes with the tool left to right so a 1/4 turn would make it front to back. Mess with it a bit, it will come out. Just make sure the tool is in the proper position.

·
Registered
38 Posts
FRT007 said:

My .40c has the same problem. I took it out long enough to put my grip preference on it. Other than that there really isn't a reason to keep taking it out. Use a small screwdriver to flip the sear deactivation lever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts