MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put about 600 rounds through my M&P .40 over the last two days-no problems since it came back from the factory. Everything from factory ammo to lead, plated and jacketed reloads with zero stoppages.

The M&P .45 now has about 500 rounds tghrough it witgh zero problems. Factory ammo and reloads in a variety of bullet types and powder charges with zero problems.

I think a .40 Compact is on the horizon.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
my 40 is shooting great since i got it back from s&w for mag drop problems.was mag drop the problem with your 40 and does the mag feel way tighter in mag well?mine does.

·
Registered
178 Posts
tigs40cal said:
my 40 is shooting great since i got it back from s&w for mag drop problems.was mag drop the problem with your 40 and does the mag feel way tighter in mag well?mine does.

What did they do to fix the "mag drop" problem??

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I put about 1k through my 40 this sunday.. I figure thats about 7k for this 40.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
the letter S&W sent back said they"replaced damaged mag catch"but they did more i think the mag feels real tight in mag well.when loading mag there is resistance about an inch from having it loaded that was not there before.starting to see scratch on mags on right side top one inch that was not there before.got 300 thru it with no problems.i may be crazy but it feels like they squeezed the grip somehow at least thats the feel my wee brain is getting.it feels good though and is shooting great.maybe dan knows by now what s&w is doing to them.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
tigs40cal said:
the letter S&W sent back said they"replaced damaged mag catch"but they did more i think the mag feels real tight in mag well.when loading mag there is resistance about an inch from having it loaded that was not there before.starting to see scratch on mags on right side top one inch that was not there before.got 300 thru it with no problems.i may be crazy but it feels like they squeezed the grip somehow at least thats the feel my wee brain is getting.it feels good though and is shooting great.maybe dan knows by now what s&w is doing to them.

that is the mag release sliding on the mag leaving the mark, and creating tension

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Jester said:
[quote name='tigs40cal']the letter S&W sent back said they"replaced damaged mag catch"but they did more i think the mag feels real tight in mag well.when loading mag there is resistance about an inch from having it loaded that was not there before.starting to see scratch on mags on right side top one inch that was not there before.got 300 thru it with no problems.i may be crazy but it feels like they squeezed the grip somehow at least thats the feel my wee brain is getting.it feels good though and is shooting great.maybe dan knows by now what s&w is doing to them.

that is the mag release sliding on the mag leaving the mark, and creating tension[/quote]

but the scratch is only on the top 1 inch,the beveled part.why not all the way down to the hole where catch falls in?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Jester said:
I put about 1k through my 40 this sunday.. I figure thats about 7k for this 40.

Good God I wish I had that many rounds to shoot on a single day. If you ever have to many Jester just send them my way, you know the address... :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts