MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

Has there been any word about if/when they will be introducing such a model? I emailed Smith & Wesson and never heard back...

Thanks 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
What exactly do you mean by "tactical"? I threw an insight m3 on mine and with night sights, I don't see how it could be "tacked" any further. (Unless of course they make one with a 37mm gas grenade launcher mounted underneath.)......just kidding :roll:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Like the XD Tactical? Why? The M&P's barrel length is something like 4.25" while the XD service is 4.04". The standard M&P is longer than the Springfield XD Service. If I understand correctly, the M&P45 will have a 5" barrel, but won't be called "Tactical". This set-up seems to make more sense to me. The 9mm and .40S&W models already seem to have a slightly longer barrel than many other comparable models (as far as I know at least), and the 5" is a good size for the mighty .45ACP. I don't like the muzzle flip of polymer .45's with 4" barrels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry everyone, I should have been more specific. I meant a 5-inch model. I now shoot a G35 Glock and really like the additional length of the barrel...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts