MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY agency recently purchased M/P .40 for our admin and are going to be traing with them shortly. Our current duty weapon has trijicon sights. THe trijicons make it very easy to rack the slide one handed by hooking you belt or holster. THis is done for practicee loadingr clearing a jam if you only have one hand. How is this done on the guns with Novak sights? The Novaks pretty much just slip off of the belt or holster. Is the only way to accomplish this is to hook the front sight and push down? I would think a gun designed for Law Enforcment would be made so its easy to manipulate the slide one handed.[/b]

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Sounds like tiral and error time?

I thought most departments get them with night sights? They ARE Trij's.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
If you have a decent belt on, you can do it with the front sight. Not the safest thing in the world, but if it's that or die, it's worth a shot. It's easier to use the front sight safely offf a table or other hard surface with an edge, or off a boot/shoe heel. On combat boots, the bit that is stiched to the sole that you can see works fine and you aren't pointing the gun at anything but the ground or heel of your boot.

Using the front sight isn't as easy as using a rear sight, but it works.

The 10-8 sights and burwell sights work much better for this than the stock ones.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Front sight is what we teach, or whatever else you can come up with, improvise/overcome/adapt.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Self serving post here. Try my new sight from Ameri Glo. The BOWIE TACTICAL sight was designed by me and one of the design features was for this issue. I teach this block of instruction at TDI. I have used the rear sight for years. Just for gosh sakes practice dry or with snap caps first and keep your fingers way away from the triger area.

There are a few documented situations where this has saved a life so work hard on chaging the sight.

CHECK 360

David Bowie

·
Registered
34 Posts
Our M&P's have the novak style night sights on them and we used the front sight on the back of the holster and if that didn't work we could take a knee and then use the front sight on the heel of a shoe or boot, worked pretty well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bowie Tactical said:
Self serving post here. Try my new sight from Ameri Glo. The BOWIE TACTICAL sight was designed by me and one of the design features was for this issue. I teach this block of instruction at TDI. I have used the rear sight for years. Just for gosh sakes practice dry or with snap caps first and keep your fingers way away from the triger area.

There are a few documented situations where this has saved a life so work hard on chaging the sight.

CHECK 360

David Bowie

David, quit screwing around on the forum and get back to work providing us with your awsome creations!! No wonder you're back logged for 3-4 months!!

I have David's Ameri Glo's on my M&P 9mm. Great sight!! Truly designed by a fellow tactical operator!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts