MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the slide and parts back for the M&P 40. I had the Nickel Teflon finish done to the slide, barrel and miscellaneous parts. I like the Teflon Nickel it is very smooth and has a nice satin finish not to mention a very quick turnaround time of two weeks or less compared to Robar's two to three months. I also did a trigger job on this gun, the trigger pull measures just over 4.5 lbs with a short travel and a great reset. This gun is for sale ($575.00) I will be posting it on Gunbroker some time this weekend.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Curious

I'm curious...does media blasting or the vinegar treatment or trigger job, grip treatment, etc. etc. etc. void your warranty with Smith and Wesson? Also...what about sights? If I were to replace the factory ones, would I need to replace them before sending the gun back if I ever needed warranty work done? Not sure if this belongs here or elsewhere...I'll probably post to the smithwork string as well.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Re: Curious

longhuntr74 said:
I'm curious...does media blasting or the vinegar treatment or trigger job, grip treatment, etc. etc. etc. void your warranty with Smith and Wesson? Also...what about sights? If I were to replace the factory ones, would I need to replace them before sending the gun back if I ever needed warranty work done? Not sure if this belongs here or elsewhere...I'll probably post to the smithwork string as well.
I've posted a reply in the Smith forum for you. I think you'll get the most responses there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts