MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok took my mp 40c to the range today put around 300 rounds threw it including rapid firing from the full size mags just wanted to punish it and see if it would hold up to be a good carry gun. First i had 3 times it jammed 2 where the last round in mag didn't go into barrel it got off at a angle and held slide open the 3rd time it didn't extract and the next round hit the empty shell in the chamber.

now all 3 times where with fmj rounds and by imperial i think a cheap target round i had.

Now at the end of my testing i had 2 10 round mags and 4 15 round mags all loaded with spear jhp rounds i fired all 6 mags in fairly rapid succession and no problems.

so in conclusion it is a accurate little gun and seems dependable on good ammo? i will take it to the range next weekend and do 300 rounds of the spear jhp and gain some more faith in it hopefully

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've only put WWB down the tube so far. Was going to try some more WWB and Blazer next. Oh yeah, watch out for magazine bite; it smarts. I was shooting off 300 rounds and wasn't watching my hands when i reloaded.

A month later i still have a scar.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If its dumb im guilty as well, i had to ask too. Winchester White Box. I found them at walmart; and get 100 round boxes for 22 bucks. They call them the value pack, just for plinking and practice.

Is spear a good practice round? Im always looking for affordable ammo to put downrange.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've got a 40c and love it now. I had to send it back to the factory because it wouldn't eject a shell with the bullet still attached. I had a failure to fire at the range and when I tried to manually clear the chamber the round got wedged between the front of the slide cut out and the ejector. It was pretty hard getting it cleared. I tried different ammo after that and it still wouldn't clear properly.

I sent her off to S&W and about 3 weeks later I had the gun back with a new slide installed. She runs like a top now. It's become my everyday carry piece. There was one other poster here who said he had the same thing happen to his compact when I first posted about this problem. I'd advise everyone to run this check on whatever gun they intend to carry. I know I will from now on.

Shabo

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok now i know what wwb is cool i round was WWB and 2 where Imperial or something? never had a problem with the remington fmj just these particular 2 the spear seem to be a aluminum shelled jacketed hollow point the dealer i get them from sells them in bulk he supplies them for a lot of the local police departments so they probably arent the best target rounds but hey i can get them for about 20 bucks for a hundred so for now i will keep plinking with them as well as carrying with them.

Still love the M&P though may have to ship it to Dan for a trigger job they are a little rough out of the box no biggy though once you get used to it

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a couple failure to feeds and the mag drop issue in the first 300 rounds. After getting it back from S&W, I've put another 1000 or so rounds through it without a bobble. My compact has become "boringly reliable." But that's a good thing. I trust my life to it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a couple failure to feeds and the mag drop issue in the first 300 rounds. After getting it back from S&W, I've put another 1000 or so rounds through it without a bobble. My compact has become "boringly reliable." But that's a good thing. I trust my life to it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not a hiccup or fart so far. MPN series born on dated February of this year. +500 rounds in IDPA field courses of fire , 100 rounds at a indoor range. It's worn daily while I'm on and off duty.Flawless weapon. As coldsteel says "I Trust My Life To It".

T-

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've only about 500 rnds through my 40M&Pc but all has been perfect with wwb, blazer, remington hp's and I find this gun to be very, very accurate and its recoil-dampening is fantastic, so I'm very pleased. I'm a glock guy and my glocks (9 or so) are super reliable - one or two have had a very few problems, but most have operated 100%, so I expect this level of reliability. I'd had no boobles, or hint of bobbling from my M&Pc, and I expect the same level of reliability as with my glocks. 500 rnds may be a little premature to start raving about reliability, but I do have that glocklike reliability feeling with this gun and I may prefer it to my G27 - we'll see.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have about 500 rounds each through the two M&P40 compacts I own and no problems with either. I do have another problem though. Every time I get back from the range I have the overpowering urge to buy another 40C from Bud's.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
mikenkansas said:
[quote name='choochboost']My 40c has been wonderfully flawless in 1149 rounds.

ok............ I'll ask......... wha'd ya do, drop #1150 and couldn't find it????
[/quote]

I'll blame it on a snap cap. 8)

·
Registered
69 Posts
FTF ='s limp wrist and or CHEAP ammo could be the biggest culprit also, Winchester white box at Walmarts is junk, Wolf is junk, Bigshots is junk, -

Winchester white box from Walmart should only be used at the range and nothing more and when you get FTF's it's to be expected ... I wouldn't use Wolf or any of the other offshore crap in any of my weapons for anything ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have fired at least 700 rounds of WWB through my 40c as well as some Hornady TAP, Black Hills, Remington UMC FMJ, Golden Sabers, Speer Short Barrel loads, etc. All have fired fine, not a single FTF. My impression of the gun is it fires everything you put in it. Some of these rounds were 165 and some 180. I have not used any Wolf however.

It is the 1st handgun I have owned as I only got my CCW back in June. I really like it a lot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts