MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I picked up both the M&P 40c and full size 40. Both are excellent guns, but I'm not a big fan of the full size M&P's safety figure that only lets you fire the weapon with a magazine in it. Disassembly also sucks with the full size 40. I've never seen any polymer based pistol that you had to drop a little metal pin in the magazine well to fully field strip the weapon. The 40c you don't have to do any of the unneeded safety figures to tear down the weapon. I guess shooting Glocks allot has gotten me use to just one type of dissassemble. I understand why S&W implemented the extra safety features, but I'm pretty safety concious with pistols, especially since I fire Glocks allot. So needless to say I like the 40c much better than the full size 40. Does anyone feel the same? :?

Take Care and God Bless.

Ronin

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yea that ^

Just remove the magazine disconnect, no biggie. You got some serious issues with this little magazine disconnect. From the looks of your posts one would get the impression all you do is assemble and disassemble your pistol.

You understand that the fullsize and the compact BOTH have the OPTION of having the magazine disconnect? One does not inherently have the feature and the other not, you simply bought the fullsize configured with it, and the compact without. You can remove it from both and you can install it in both.

After you've removed the disconnect you can pull the trigger before disassembly, just like a Glock...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Push Down the Little Pin

Am I missing something? When I field strip my 40c the S&W MP40c the instructions advise to push down the weird looking pin before turning the slide disconnect lever down.

Did I miss a short cut? :roll:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Am I missing something? When I field strip my 40c the S&W MP40c the instructions advise to push down the weird looking pin before turning the slide disconnect lever down.

Did I miss a short cut?

Sigh.

Some people say that it can put more stress on the striker and cause breakage. This is probably true IF you dont pull the slide slightly rearward (to its normal resting place) and THEN pull the trigger. I haven't had an issue yet with 2k rounds through my pistol... but if using the lever gives you more peace of mind, then by all means.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts