MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everybody, a lot of great information here.

I was wondering how people like the full size M&P 45 as a IWB carry piece? I'm looking at the manual safety version.

I like the fact that they didn't try to jam like 14 rounds in it. If you can compare it to the Glock 21 or XD 45 that would be great.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I found that, in a good holster, the M&P 45 conceals a bit better than my Glock 21 due to it's shape. It's more rounded lines let the cover garment slide right over it rather than getting hung on the corners and edges.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I HAVE CARRIED THE PX4 FULL SIZE 40, A GLOCK 20 & 21 AND MY CURRENT M&P45 AND THE M&P45 FOLLOW BY THE PX4 WERE THE BEST CARRY PIECE...ACTUALLY, I HAVE A DE SANTIS POCKET HOLSTER FOR THE CHIEF MODEL SMITH AUTOS THAT I HAVE USED ON A GLOCK 30, GLOCK 26, S&W 4040PD, PX4 40, FULL SIZE & COMPACT AND HK P2000 AS WELL AS MY S&W M&P45 AND EXCEPT FOR THE FULL SIZE 20 &21 GLOCKS, THE REST WILL CONCEAL IN THE LEFT FRONT POCKET OF MY JEANS...NO, I'M NOT 18 AND WEAR SKIN TIGHT JEANS, IN FACT I'M OLD AND WEAR ONLY JEANS AND GOLF SHIRTS, BUT IT'S BY FAR THE MOST CONCEALIABLE PLACE TO CARRY..I ALSO HAVE A DE SANTIS SPEED SCABBARD FOR BELT WEAR..AND AS A F.Y.I NOTICE, BY THE END OF THE YEAR, THERE WILL BE 14 ROUND MAGS FROM S&W FOR THE 45 M&P..I BELIEVE THEY WILL HAVE TO EXTEND BELOW THE GRIP, I GUESS WITH SOME KIND OF FATTER PAD ON MAG AND A SHORTER FOLLOWER...THIS CAME FROM S&W..AND, MY M&P 45 SHOOT AS GOOD AND ANY PLASTIC WONDER GUN AND THE GRIP IS THE BEST FEELING ONE OF THE LOT...LOVE IT!

·
Registered
39 Posts
GUNGURU said:
I HAVE CARRIED THE PX4 FULL SIZE 40, A GLOCK 20 & 21 AND MY CURRENT M&P45 AND THE M&P45 FOLLOW BY THE PX4 WERE THE BEST CARRY PIECE...ACTUALLY, I HAVE A DE SANTIS POCKET HOLSTER FOR THE CHIEF MODEL SMITH AUTOS THAT I HAVE USED ON A GLOCK 30, GLOCK 26, S&W 4040PD, PX4 40, FULL SIZE & COMPACT AND HK P2000 AS WELL AS MY S&W M&P45 AND EXCEPT FOR THE FULL SIZE 20 &21 GLOCKS, THE REST WILL CONCEAL IN THE LEFT FRONT POCKET OF MY JEANS...NO, I'M NOT 18 AND WEAR SKIN TIGHT JEANS, IN FACT I'M OLD AND WEAR ONLY JEANS AND GOLF SHIRTS, BUT IT'S BY FAR THE MOST CONCEALIABLE PLACE TO CARRY..I ALSO HAVE A DE SANTIS SPEED SCABBARD FOR BELT WEAR..AND AS A F.Y.I NOTICE, BY THE END OF THE YEAR, THERE WILL BE 14 ROUND MAGS FROM S&W FOR THE 45 M&P..I BELIEVE THEY WILL HAVE TO EXTEND BELOW THE GRIP, I GUESS WITH SOME KIND OF FATTER PAD ON MAG AND A SHORTER FOLLOWER...THIS CAME FROM S&W..AND, MY M&P 45 SHOOT AS GOOD AND ANY PLASTIC WONDER GUN AND THE GRIP IS THE BEST FEELING ONE OF THE LOT...LOVE IT!
"OLD AGE AND A SMITH & WESSON OVERCOMES YOUTH AND SKILL EVERY TIME"

·
Registered
39 Posts
thanks toddg...are you sure you don't live in peoples republic of california?..they like to burn things too!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I tried to carry it IWB with a Crossbreed Holster and found that it printed in everything I wore and, all but stepping up an entire shirt size made it impossible to hide. Im just not ready to start wearing XL shirts to accomodate a full size 45. I ended up getting an XD 40 Sub Comp. in order to tuck away IWB. I have found that the only way I can carry my 45 is with the SmartCarry. I dont like the smartcarry by any means and, it certainly isnt the most comfortable, but some days I just want to carry it for piece of mind?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I think your body size and shape play an important role in how you conceal. I am 6ft and about 175lbs and can conceal mine with a an M-Tac and a golf shirt tucked.

However, I prefer OWB and with cool weather here, It becomes easier to conceal OWB with almost any jacket.

I still don't believe anybody pays much attention so if it prints once in a while, no big deal. I guess if you live in Texas it might be as, I believe, it is against the law to print there.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I just got mine, and plan to try it. I just ordered a holster and two mag pouches from Talon Tactical for it. I can do it with a Beretta 92, so it ought to work out okay with the M&P.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts