MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
M&P .45

Pick-up my M&P .45 today and took that opportunity to test drive it with some FMJ 230gr ball ammo. The pistol felt a bit long fore and aft with the small grip installed and I couldn't feel the sides against my hands, however the medium grip felt more engaging and controllable when firing the gun. I would describe the recoil impulse and muzzle rise comparable to a steel framed combat 1911 commander. The gun feels well balanced in the hand and is not uncontrollable during rapid fire strings. This will be a better pistol once you get a trigger job done and a new rear sight.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Congrats and thanks for the pics!

Are the mods moving 45 threads to the 45 section?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I know it doesn't really matter functionally but I do not like how the front of the frame drops away from the slide so much. It is much more pronounced on the .45 than on the 9/40. I played with one at Adco today.

·
Registered
298 Posts
UPSguy said:
I know it doesn't really matter functionally but I do not like how the front of the frame drops away from the slide so much. It is much more pronounced on the .45 than on the 9/40. I played with one at Adco today.

If you look closely at the 45, the frame does not drop away from the slide. The bottom of the slide is actually beveled upward which causes the optical illusion of the dust cover sagging down.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Ambis only.

Whether it is the slide being sloped or the shape of the frames or a combination of both, to me it is not visible pleasing. That being said, my HKs were not visibly pleasing either but they worked 100% of the time which is always more important than looks.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
seeing them together like that... I think my 40c could use a big brother. But the Kimber might get jealous and do somthing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
picked up my m&p 45 yesterday,mine has the factory nite sites and has the safety. can't wait till next weekend for some range time, i hope gun shoots as well as my 40.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A close up pic of the ambi-safety compared to my M&P-9c (The safety is in the off/down position for this pic.)

The part of the safety (highlighted in red) that blocks the trigger bar (in blue).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts