MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with S&W. I was hoping to get the good news about the M&P Tactical but instead he said the 45 Compact is the next roll out. Good news for everyone wanting a M&P 45 Compact.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
snw19 said:
[quote name='98sr20ve']...the 45 Compact is the next roll out...
Darn it. You were supposed to pass on that the M&P10 was the next roll out.[/quote]

LOL, thats in the other thread. He basically said the M&P Tactical would be released at the next Shot Show and it would be rolled out after that. 45C is a no brainer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What are the odds that the slide will be any narrower? - Josh M.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
THere are two new 45's coming. I think the first will be a commander for lack of better terms. Shorter slide and same frame. The other which will come later is a shorter slide and a shorter 8 round frame.

CHECK 360 David

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bowie Tactical said:
THere are two new 45's coming. I think the first will be a commander for lack of better terms. Shorter slide and same frame. The other which will come later is a shorter slide and a shorter 8 round frame.

CHECK 360 David

Oh that's just great....hello ___________(fill in the blank) holster company? 8)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Bowie Tactical said:

CHECK 360 David

I guess I could never understand the advantage to the Commander configuration.

·
Registered
55 Posts
JohnN said:
I guess I could never understand the advantage to the Commander configuration.
I don't know, I'm not a 1911 guy, yet. But I definately prefer S&W 1026/1076 over the 1006. I can't imagine any of them with a smaller grip/frame. I'd buy a shorter barreled w/ a full sized grip before a reduced grip, in .45ACP or 10mm. But then I prefer a 2"-4" revolver over a 6"+.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Take a 10-round fullsize mag, cut the baseplate down, use JB weld to attach it to a fullsize standard capacity baseplate, modify one of luvmy40's mag sleeves, and you have extended your grip without giving up ease of concealment since its still shorter than the fullsize grip. If your compact is a .40, your not even losing capacity.

I can't stand the compact grip length either which is why I did this:

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=57712#57712

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Works like a charm and the grip length is perfect. Version 2.0 is a little different than what is shown in the linked thread.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I suppose it will be an 8 round double stack magazine? I have never seen the use for that. If a slimmer single stack mag will carry 7-8 rounds I don't see the use in a fat short magazine with the same capacity. With the possible exception of being able to use its larger brothers mags in the smaller gun. Personally though if I need the extra capacity I will carry my wife's M&P 9 with three 17 round mags.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts