MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the gunshow today here in Florida at the state fairgrounds and behold... One dealer had an M&P 45... Though going for $699 without nights sights. This dealer is unfortunately known for gouging though so I wasn't surprised but the pistol... The pistol was beautiful and light and fit your hand like a glove. It really is only about a quarter to third of an inch longer and the slide appeared no wider as well which is good news for holster and attachments and a major concern for me ordering a CTAC ahead of time. This one was all black, no magazine safety or manual as far as I could tell. Damn the 21 age law, I wanted that pistol!

I walked away for five minutes and it was gone, simply gone. Someone dropped $700 for it. Man, but it was nice. - Colt

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
i just paid $600 for mine, with night sights, shipped to me...

so yes, that is complete and utter highway robbery....you figure you knock, what, $120 at least off mine for night sights and shipping? that takes you down to $480 for a vanilla one in person....

just food for thought....

·
Registered
52 Posts
What part on the gun warrants that much of a price increase??? Replacing the zero in 40 to a five?

x3 on the rip-off

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
[quote name='Kazman']What part on the gun warrants that much of a price increase???

Supply and demand... :wink:[/quote]

·
Registered
89 Posts
The law enforcement price here in Fla is $420 and with tax, out the door, $445. The Glock 21SF is $464 before tax, however the S&W fits my hand and I like the mag release and the feel of the wider MP.45 trigger.

·
Registered
16 Posts
45 M&P

I don't blame you a bit for drooling, it is a very nice pistol. I own one it is very impressive for ergonomics, and accuracy. I have yet to have a malfunction of any kind and have about 400 rounds through it thus far. I have tried several different types of ammo, and none have malfunctioned yet, but it likes the cheap magtech ammo better than remington umc ammo.

I ended up paying 550 for mine, and it came with night sights. I got a rediculously good deal because my gun dealer ordered it without night sights and and paid for it like it was going to not have night sights, so he passed the savings on to me. The obnly thing I want to change on it is the trigger pull. When I get a chance, I am going to do the trigger tune job that they have posted on this forum. It supposedly brings the pull down to about 3.5 pounds from 7.5 without any spring modifications.

The other thing I love about this pistol is the light recoil. I have fired HK usp s, and XD s in 45 next to this, and the M&P has a noticably lighter recoil than either of it's major competitors. I think the close proximity of the barrel to the frame. It seems to have less muzzle jump than either of the others.

IMO, this pistol is worth every penny I paid for it. I like it better than the much more expensive hk usp, and it is deffinately nicer than the xd. The xd seems to be a great performer, but with as well as the M&P performs for me, I would never trade it for anything.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeh, I think I paid a little much $692 OTD, but then again I live in Commifornia, just add $100 to what everyone else pays
Thank goodness I get 2 free mags to help soften the blow. I got the no mag disco & no slide safety, which I kind of wish I had, but not sure if those will make the DOJ list. I was lucky to find one w/ out the mag safety & lock out, because all the 9's & 40's are shipping w/ them to this part of the not so free nation. Still a little skeptical of a striker fire weapon. I'm and old steel & hammer guy & favor a 1911, but the 45 looked nice & felt nice. Unfortunately it'll be another month before I get it due to Commifornia's 1 gun a month llaw. I just picked up a Baby Eagle in 40 that I am very happy with.

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is "top dollar" for sure. I guess because they have been scarce for a while. Gun dealers/shops are starting to get more of them in now. One dealer told me he could only get one or two at a time. However now I think they are starting to "flow" so the prices should come down. I guess alot of it also depends on where you live. Anyway I have seen them from $469.00 to $679.00 I paid $499.00 for mine. It's a "plain jane" No safety no mag disconnect,and no night sights. Nice weapon though, I love it!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
First gun show I saw one at, the price was $510, which I thought was fairly reasonable seeing as they had only been out for about 2 weeks. Local dealer wants $649, which I'm not about to pay.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Local dealer has a M&P40 NIB for $649 also, he has never had a M&P45 he said. So being a 1911 fan I asked how he would trade for the S&W 45 PD tactical he has had since last fall and now priced at $959, he thumbed though a couple of book, broke out a caculator, stroked his belly and said with a straight face he would allow me $350 for the M&P45, so I asked how much for the 1911PD cash. He said what's on the price tag. Needless to say said no thanks to both offers and left the shop.

I have bought 5 hand guns so far this year, two 1911's, a Sig, Beretta, S&W and have as yet to buy one from his shop. I usually just go to his shop look over something I have read about that has me interested and then go to one or two other shops that have ordered or had what I wanted and never tried to steal my trade or ask above MSRP for any gun I was interested in buying.

Lately I have been thinking a DW 10mm Bobtail or S&W 1911PD 45 Tactical would be my next buy, my b-day is later this month so I was shopping today. I already know where I can buy the S&W for $775, and the the DW for $900 cash, just requires a 90 mile drive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts