MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I'm still getting ready to start so I have zero expertise but Comp-Tac and Kytac came highly recommended. Comp-Tac has very short lead times, and Kytac is out about 2 months and counting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I shoot Ipsic use blackhawk holster for compation . when drawing the firearm feels like it jumps into my hand . Price is a little steep but well built

·
Registered
559 Posts
I got one for my .45 M&P from Mike Benedict at http://www.talontactical.com. It's a kydex paddle and works very well for concealment. Until Christmas, he's throwing in a mag pouch free. I ordered it on Friday and it showed up the following Friday. Tomorrow's payday, and I'm going to order an IWB from him for the same gun.

Comp-Tac was my first choice due to prior experience with them, but at the time I called they didn't have a mold for the .45. They make excellent stuff and have great customer service. There are guns they don't make holsters for, though, and Mike does.

ETA: Both Mike and Comp-Tac are strong supporters of IDPA.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use the C-TAC with my .40 and a Blade Tech UCH for the .45. I like the C-TAC better because I can position it where I want. With the UCH, I find there's one belt loop which is always in the way so I can't seem to get a perfect position for the holster. That's the case any time I wear the UCH and jeans, not just in competition. As soon as Comp-Tac gets their .45 C-TAC going, I'll buy one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies, I was wondering if anyone has a Fobus holster. I am looking at the Blackhawk cqc vs Fobus evolution for my M&P 45.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies, I was wondering if anyone has a Fobus holster. I am looking at the Blackhawk cqc vs Fobus evolution for my M&P 45. What is the difference between paddle vs belt, or is it just personal preference?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I don't have Fobus or Blackhawk for my M&P but I do have them for my 1911s. They currently reside in a box in the back of a closet. The Fobus Evolution is what it is a cheap entry level holster that's just a step up from an Uncle Mike's kydex. The retention with a 1911 is good and the Fobus would probably be a good choice for hiking or backpacking in open carry states if it provided more coverage/protection unfortunately it leaves the barrel and front sight in the wind. I don't compete but it retains so well that I know I would find it too slow on the draw.

My CQC Sherpa was a total disappointment. I have short fingered medium size hands and my trigger finger just does not fall on the release button. Perhaps if I had bigger hands but I find the draw a consistent struggle. I can't even recommend it for backpacking. There are too many stories of sand or pebbles locking up the release button. If anybody wants one for a 1911 it's for sale.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm going through the same exercise of looking for an IPSC/IDPA holster for the .45. Question for the CQC owners, is that holster lined at all to protect the finish of the pistol? I realize it's only a tool, but I like to keep my tools looking decent if I can.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
DnD said:
I'm going through the same exercise of looking for an IPSC/IDPA holster for the .45. Question for the CQC owners, is that holster lined at all to protect the finish of the pistol? I realize it's only a tool, but I like to keep my tools looking decent if I can.
Unlined injection molded plastic.

·
Registered
419 Posts
sholling said:
[quote name='DnD']I'm going through the same exercise of looking for an IPSC/IDPA holster for the .45. Question for the CQC owners, is that holster lined at all to protect the finish of the pistol? I realize it's only a tool, but I like to keep my tools looking decent if I can.
Unlined injection molded plastic.[/quote]

Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks. The search continues.

·
Registered
419 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
Kytac.

You won't be disappointed.

Definitely on the short list, thanks.

I'm also wondering about the Safariland 6377 for the Glock 20/21. I've read elsewhere on the board that pretty much any holster for the G20/21 will fit the M&P .45 but does anyone have first hand knowledge with this Safariland 6377? I like the idea of it being lined to protect the finish.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Comp-tac is now making holsters for the M&P 45, I just ordered mine today. They're customer service is second to none. I've gone from ordering the product to it being on my door in 5 days or less.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts