MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife and I were at Smith & Wessin today and asked them about the .45 MP. It's not going to be available until the end of the year.

Also I guess the MA compliant on is behind. They're too busy filling orders for the other 48 states. If you're in MA don't hold your breathe.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was in the ol' gunshop today and asked the same question and April or May is the earliest date on the .45. And that is not for certain either.

·
Registered
264 Posts
That sucks. Why is it that people intro guns in January/December and then not deliver till mid year. UGH?! Can you tell I am jonsing for a new 45?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got a T&E request in for one. The LE rep didn't mention anything about a delay, so maybe I'll shoot him an email and see what the time frame is on these.

I'll post the second I hear anything.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I was told by someone at S&W (no I will not name that person) that the M&P45 will be out sometime in March. Yes, that is what I was told last week. BTW, I trust that person and what he told me.

As soon as I can get my a Production piece, I'll post Images here.

Beware who you get info from, I have read all sorts of nonsense in the Net, not much of it true. I know where to ask and who to ask at some companies and get the real poop.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yes, sadly it is ture that they will ship with 10 rounders. Has nothing to do with capacity limits through legal channels anyway. The MP, among other 45's hitting the streets sometime this year were competing for the JSP contract for DoD. One of the requirements was that the grip be small enough to make it ergonomic for people with small hands. Easiest way to do that was to slim up the frame at the cost of mag capacity.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts