MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an issue with the M&P 45 .... which one do I get

Really though, I'm thinking I should get one with a frame safety since I've read (know the post is here somewhere) that you can remove it if you don't like it and that you'll just have the empty slots where it use to be.

But a question that I do have .... is the sear for the 45 the same as the 9 & 40?? I've seen the post on how to remove the mag disconnect which means If I can get a hold of the lever & spring I should be able to add it to the 45. I know I can buy a 45 with it but would have to spend the extra $$ since one with the mag disconnect only comes with night sights and chances are I'll be changing out the sights anyway to something else (perhaps the XS sights that I have on my 40).

And to think ... after I finally decide which to get my next big decision is 200 or 230 grain rounds :roll:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Not sure about the sear itself, but I know the sear housing is not the same. The trigger job is easy on the 45 though. Instructions from thissite work for both even though some of the parts look a little different.

·
Registered
308 Posts
IMHO, I would get the pistol that is built the way you want it from the start. I personally want to be able to go right out and shoot without sending the gun off or spending time "fixing" it. Either way, it should be a good pistol for you!

tsix

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well as far as the frame safety I don't know if I want it or not ... that's why i'm thinkin I should just get it with and if I don't like it just remove it later.

As for the mag disconnect I have it on my 40 and kinda like the idea .... I'd just rather spend the $$$ on sights that I want rather then factory night sights that I'm just gonna pull off anyway. Then again, I guess I could always try to sell them if I switched them out.

·
Registered
308 Posts
greatzippy said:
Well as far as the frame safety I don't know if I want it or not ... that's why i'm thinkin I should just get it with and if I don't like it just remove it later.

As for the mag disconnect I have it on my 40 and kinda like the idea .... I'd just rather spend the $$$ on sights that I want rather then factory night sights that I'm just gonna pull off anyway. Then again, I guess I could always try to sell them if I switched them out.

I have seen people on this forum asking about swapping the safety out with someone that does not have it (the plug for the hole that is left after removing the safety), so that is probably not a bad idea. I have also seen a lot of people discussing removing the mag safety, so there are probably folks willing to trade.

Feel free to send me the night sights that you pull

tsix

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I might just end up having to get the frame safety without mag disconnect and add the mag disc later. I gave the dealer the SKU number I got from Smith that has both (307406) and his supplier has no record of it ..... prob still in the LE only status or something even though Smith gave it to me over the phone.

He's calling Smith tomorrow to find out more info on that though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts