MP-Pistol Forum banner

M&P 45 or SA 1911?

6K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Puffy 
I'm a 1911 devotee for some of the reasons already mentioned. No matter how well the M&P feels, shoots and handles, the 1911 - well, my lightly custom TRPs and Thunder Ranch Special - do it better and conceals better to boot. That said, I love the M&P. In the .45 ACP platform it makes less sense FOR MY PURPOSES compared to the 9mm verssion except for when I'm off of the beaten path - kayaking, canoeing, hiking, hunting, etc. But those relatively few occasions are often enough that I purchased it and paid $529 + tax for it with night sights.

For the money, the M&P is a fine direct comparator to a 1911, but I'm under no illusion that the performance of my 1911s (albeit much more expensive than the M&P) is surpassed (at least for me).

So pick the one you can most comfortably afford. And if the opportunity arises you can then pick up the other. They are alike and very different.

P.S.

The Blackhawk Serpa for the Glock 21 will fit the M&P45 just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.