MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grew up shooting and owning 1911's and Hi-Powers, and I have the MagLock Thumb Rests on my Glocks. What I'm curious about is that it seems like some of the 9mm & .40 M&P's on Gun Broker seem to have the same pin hole where the .45 safety is. Is it possible to add the safety to a 9mm or .40 M&P?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I don't know why everyone wants a button or lever to make them feel safe, I thought that is why we have guns?! JMHO

·
Registered
21 Posts
coltman1985 said:
I don't know why everyone wants a button or lever to make them feel safe, I thought that is why we have guns?! JMHO

The reason that I would like to have a frame-mounted thumb safety as an option ala a 1911 is to be able to prevent a negligent discharge (ND) when reholstering a loaded weapon. If there is no thumb safety on the gun and some kind of foreign object (shirttail, rock, twig, etc) gets into the holster prior to me reholstering then I could experience an ND upon reholstering as the foreign object engages the trigger. This is especially true if reholstering in limited visibility conditions or if the holster (such as my strong-side IWB) prevents me from visually checking for foreign objects.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FC_Samurai said:
I grew up shooting and owning 1911's and Hi-Powers, and I have the MagLock Thumb Rests on my Glocks.

Pretty simple, I like the grip position that the thumb safety / "rest" accomidates IMHO. I feel pretty damn safe indexing out and don't care if it's a safety or not; I really just want a thumb rest. Thanks for the link though, I hope it might become an option in the future, OEM or other wise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts