MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not expect too many votes for the XD on this forum, but I was hoping maybe someone owns both and can give a good reason for purchasing one over the other.

The gun will most likely get modified (trigger) to shoot in IDPA.

I currently have a colt gold cup .45, an old government model 45 modified with a new slide and a Kart barrel, a Kimber Grand Raptor, a Para-Ordinance p-12, a Para-ordinance Warthog (45), A Ruger P something .45 acp (decocker), and a Sig 220. I think you can never have too many.

I know I can use one of my 1911's, but I like the M&P(dark earth). XD also has a dark earth model.

I currently have a M&P 9MM and an XD 9MM (tactical). Both have trigger jobs and I think I shoot the XD better but like the M&P's feel.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Don't argue with your feelings. LOL If the M&P feels better to the hand, that's the one to go with. You'll shoot better in the long run with a gun that "feels" better (more natural).

·
Registered
13 Posts
The 9mm and the 45acp are different animals on both pistols compared to their respective smaller caliber.

I other words 9mm M&P feels different than the 45acp M&P and the XD9 feels different that the XD45.

Some will argue that they are close or the same, but the are not.

Shoot both then decide after you see the accuracy results.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Personally I think the XD in general has too many bells and whistles I don't need or want. The longslide feels clunky and top heavy to me as well as having too high a bore axis like all XD's. But plenty of people I respect, like Clint at Thunder Ranch like it so I guess it's a matter of taste. On the other hand I love, LOVE, my M&P .45. Great ergonomics, easily handled in rapid fire while shooting quickly and accurately. Better trigger too on the M&P after it gets smoothed out a bit from shooting.

Read this M&P .45 review;

http://www.gunblast.com/SW-MP45.htm

And another one;

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ga_handguns/sw45_081507/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts