MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to this board, hope you can help.

First, a little background. I have been shooting for decades and own 20+ handguns (S+W, HK, Beretta, Sig, Glock. Kimber, SA XD etc.). I also shoot IPSC matches.

So, that being said, I am EXTREMELY disappointed with my purchase of a new M+P 45 auto. I took it home and proceeded to sight it in. I found the trigger to be excessively hard to pull and gritty in feel. Put my Lyman digital pull gauge on it and the average was 9.5#.

I looked on the S+W website technical specs page and it says the trigger on this handgun should be 6.5#. Obviously disappointed, I called S+W and they had me send it down for an overhaul, which I did. I got it back last Friday and put the gauge on it to see how nice it was. The average had been lowered to 9.0#, a change of around -1/2# pull! Still gritty and hard to pull.

So, I call S+W again and all I get is "send it in and we'll look at it again". Wanting to give them every chance I have sent it back down again and am waiting for it's return after this second go-over.

If it comes back basically the same, as I suspect it will, what can I do to improve the trigger pull on this gun? I can breakdown all of the above handguns and have polished many trigger parts. Never detail stripped this gun yet as I haven't had it long enough. Would need some good detailed explanations and pictures before starting on anything.

Can anyone help me with advice and information. Sure would be appreciated. I like the gun but the trigger pull really is awful. Not up to the name Smith and Wesson!

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Dan Burwell was kind enough to put a link on his website with really good pics on a trigger job. I did mine and ended up at just over 4ilbs with zero overtravel and a nice reset!! I think his website is on the home page!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I found Dan's website but I see no link for a trigger job. Am I just missing it? Can you help me?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts