MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a M&P 45 4.5 with regular and threaded barrels. I also have a M&P 9.

The 9 has a decent trigger that is useable. It breaks a little ahead of the over travel stop, but again it is usable. Trigger weight averages about 6.2 pounds.

The 45 is a different beast all together. It breaks right at the over travel stop. If you put a paperclip between the trigger and the stop it will not break. Weight averages around 11.9 pounds. I think some of the weight may come from it touching the over travel and basically bending the trigger in the middle.

I wanted to do a APEX kit for it, but read that it moves the overtravel back. If anything i need to go forward 1-2 tenths of an inch.

I am eyeballing the trigger bar and wondering if there is any adjustment that can be made there.

The 45 is basically worthless as it is. I shoot double action revolvers alot, but cant shoot this one without the front sight being pulled to the right. Up and down strings are about 1 inch, but left to right (all right of the bullseye) string about 6-8 inches. The 9 shoots about 1.5 inches at 15 yards all day long.

I am hoping someone has had this issue and found a way to resolve it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
That is way over factory spec 6.5 pounds. I would contact S&W about it, sounds like you have a burr somewhere.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can do it!

Opening up the trigger loop a little at a time should move your triggerbreak forward.
However, if you open it too much, you'll get what we call a "Dead Trigger".
When I tweeked my trigger loop on my .45, I did it out in the desert and brought tools.
I would open the loop very slightly, fire it and make more adjustments.
Then continue to test fire and adjust loop over and over again until I finally got it the way I wanted.
You can polish the sear & striker contact surfaces, usb, and triggerloop
as well as replace components with Apex to lower triggerpull.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts