MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my M&P 45 and after cleaning it well, I used Super Lube on the contacting surfaces. I was surprised that the trigger pull let-off at 6-1/2 pounds, consistently. I've yet to shoot it, but I'm thinking that for it's intended use, the trigger will be fine. I'm curious what you fellas have measured on the stock trigger of your gun(s).

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't know how or what to use to measure my trigger pull, but that sounds

like a inexpensive device that I would be interested in.. What I can tell you is

I like my 45's trigger it feels just about right to me. Enjoy your gun, the suckers loud.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Mine came out of the box off the scale for my RCBS trigger scale. My SWAG is about 9-1/2lbs, but dropped to around 7ish in 200 squeezes. A call to S&W confirmed that anything from 6-1/2 to 9-1/2lbs was normal out of the box, usually dropping to 6-1/2 to 7lbs after a few hundred rounds. 6-1/2lbs is a pretty good place for a self/home defense pistol.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sholling said:
Mine came out of the box off the scale for my RCBS trigger scale. My SWAG is about 9-1/2lbs, but dropped to around 7ish in 200 squeezes. A call to S&W confirmed that anything from 6-1/2 to 9-1/2lbs was normal out of the box, usually dropping to 6-1/2 to 7lbs after a few hundred rounds. 6-1/2lbs is a pretty good place for a self/home defense pistol.

Yep, I agree on 6-1/2 lb. being good for defense. Too light a trigger when you're scared sh--less is almost certain to discharge when you don't want it to. I'll run 500 rounds thru it and see what it settles on. Guess I lucked out and got one that's decent out of the box.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sof said:
I don't know how or what to use to measure my trigger pull, but that sounds

like a inexpensive device that I would be interested in.. What I can tell you is

I like my 45's trigger it feels just about right to me. Enjoy your gun, the suckers loud.

Lyman, RCBS, and probably some others make a Trigger Pull Gauge. One that I have is 35 years old, all brass, and is for measuring d.a. pull in pounds. I've got two other RCBS gauges that are for rifle & handgun and weigh ounces and pounds. I use the brass gauge for any d.a. pull because most d.a. guns start at 6lb or so and go up from there. My Taurus PT945 is around 11-1/2 lb., to give you an idea. I've seen S&W revolvers go to 12 lb. d.a. way back when.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts