MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
+1. I would be definitely be interested in one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I hope you have meaty hands, when I saw the topic I thought "You've gotta be kidding", then I thought "Hmm, that would be kinda fun!". 8) I'm generally not a 45 person but I love this question!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
wallcloud said:
I hope you have meaty hands, when I saw the topic I thought "You've gotta be kidding"
It is coming (eventually) and you won't need meatier hands than you would need for the fullsize .45. It will simply be a M&P 45 with a shorter barrel and a shorter grip.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Speaking as a small handed person a 45c might seem to be quite the banger, a few rounds of practice with a 45c might help my accuracy with the 9c.
Hoping to find out one day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1st quarter

When I was at range day at dept, I talked to the s&w rep and he said the 45 compact is coming 1st quarter

Looks like other gun to add to the collection.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: 1st quarter

scourge said:
When I was at range day at dept, I talked to the s&w rep and he said the 45 compact is coming 1st quarter

Looks like other gun to add to the collection.

They just told me end of this year, once they are caught up with the 357Sig stuff.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Don't tease...are they really coming out with a 45C? Any official news from S&W?

·
Registered
403 Posts
It's probably just me but I would love a compact single stack M&P 45. It would make for a slimmer grip and easier to tote magazines. The downside, and probably the reason it won't happen, is people like to have compatability with the fullsize mags in their compact. Personally I will probably never justify buying the fullsize so the single stack would be perfect to me.

·
Registered
380 Posts
98sr20ve said:
[quote name='slomo']
Don't tease...are they really coming out with a 45C? Any official news from S&W?

Like I said, I called S&W and they said the 45C is going to be released soon.[/quote]

i contacted S&W myself, prior to seeing this thread... via email. the gentleman that responded wrote...

"that gun has not been officially announced. If it comes out, it should be in January. thank you".

thats the whole response, seriously. So, I basically take it that they are working on this thing. Perhaps, despite hoping to plop it out in January... they are hesitant to make an official announcement while they work out the kinks.

anyway, i hope they get it all figured out, and released in January... it would be a nice late x-mas present to myself.

·
Registered
380 Posts
jon_in_wv said:
It's probably just me but I would love a compact single stack M&P 45. It would make for a slimmer grip and easier to tote magazines. The downside, and probably the reason it won't happen, is people like to have compatability with the fullsize mags in their compact. Personally I will probably never justify buying the fullsize so the single stack would be perfect to me.

yeah, you pretty much answered it yourself... dont count on them single stacking it.

although, I am on your side as far as prefering it. single stack would allow them to come in just a touch thinner in the handle if they wanted to.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Its not just the handle, its the thinner magazines. I REALLY like single stack mags when it comes to a carry gun. I carry a M&P 9C now but I never have liked that double stack spare mag. I just doesn't seem comfortable to carry. A compact .45 M&P with single stack mags would be sweet. I have never carried a 1911 where I wished I had double stack mags yet when we make a gun out of polymer it seems like it HAS to have double stacks. Like I said though, it isn't too likely they will make the compact that doesn't fit the mags from the fullsize.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought the Glock 36 because I wanted a slim line .45 that was (1) reliable, (2) compact, and (3) with manageable recoil. I didn't even know that S&W was even considering a compact .45. If S&W is able to produce a compact .45 that is close to the .40 compact, I would definitely buy one.

Come on S&W, lets hear some good news!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
slomo said:
I bought the Glock 36 because I wanted a slim line .45 that was (1) reliable, (2) compact, and (3) with manageable recoil. I didn't even know that S&W was even considering a compact .45. If S&W is able to produce a compact .45 that is close to the .40 compact, I would definitely buy one.

Come on S&W, lets hear some good news!!!

Cripes. In Massholeland we can't even get the regular M&P 45 yet, and S&W has the fast track on qualifying under our "consumer protection" regs.

You can't even buy any new Glocks here either. Used Glocks carry a $200 + premium over new Glocks in most other states. And you can virtually forget about getting a Glock made after 1998.

It's a pathetic place, but better than California (yes, I've lived there too).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts