MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I just picked it up today. Went through 100 rounds at the range with no problems...except, the brass hit me in the face, on the head, in my shirt pocket, etc. just about every shot. The range officer said it was probably me being limp wristed, but I know others have had this problem too. I'm taking an NRA basic pistol course this weekend, so I'll ask the instructor to fire off a few rounds and see what happens.

Besides the above problem, I love this weapon. The gun just felt right, and my novice shots were grouped tight right where I wanted them (okay, so it was only at about 10-15 yards....lol) and the recoil was totally manageable.

This website has been a great resource for a first time gun owner, and I want to thank everyone for the good advice...so THANKS!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Give your pistol a chance to break in (500 rounds) to see if the direction of the ejected cases improves...and yes it could be limp wristing as well.

·
Registered
259 Posts
absolutenewb said:
This website has been a great resource for a first time gun owner, and I want to thank everyone for the good advice...so THANKS!
Amen on that my brother

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've put over 1,000 rounds through my M&P 9 and have had only 1 casing eject back toward my head. It happened when I was experimenting with different ways to grip the gun and it was definitely operator induced. When I grip the gun correctly, the casings eject at the proper angle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
220 Rounds through my M&P now and the brass *seems* to be hitting me in the face less and less (.45 casings from the guy next to me were hitting me in the head like crazy, so it was a little hard to tell).

I've now shot 115 grain FMJ (180 rounds), 124 grain JHP (20 rounds) and 147 grain JHP (20 rounds) with zero problems and zero failures (except, of course, casings in my face). As soon as I can find some 124 +P up here, I'll test that too (nobody seems to have it).

None of the instructors had fired the M&P before, and none did today (too busy supervising a bunch of newbs), but one of them said it had developed an amazing reputation in a very short time and that he was going to make it his next purchase--nice to hear!

I'll report back after a few hundred more rounds.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I fired off 200 round today to break the hymen on my M&P9 and I had a lot of brass in my face also. I noticed when I shot anything more then 115g it would not hit me in the face. I don't know if that had anything to do with it but there's my input.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts