MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sometimes I have a good day with the camera, I think today was one of those days. Here are couple of the better pictures:

Pictured is a "bobtailed shark", a Satinless Blast, and a Stock with a trigger job.

Enjoy,

Dan

·
Registered
95 Posts
Very nice gun collection. I like that bobtail reduction. But, I also like the extended beavertail. It's so difficult to choose which one I like best!

-Mike

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dan,

How did you do the inlay? It is the crayola trick I've read about on the XDTalk forums? Or the nail polish one from Glocktalk?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KI4LIV,

I did not do the inlay my customer did it. I asked him how and this is his response:

The gold is as easy as is gets. Benchwood Casey Gold Stick Engraving Enhancer. Costs around $7, but I had a hard time finding anyone with it in stock. It is like a big crayon.

It takes a little bit of experimenting to do it so it looks good, but almost anyone can get the hang of it. (Worst case rub some Hoppe’s on it and (sometimes) a quick swipe or two of a toothbrush and start over.)

It lasts quite a while if you don’t rub too hard when you clean your gun. I use gun scrubber and spray it right on, doesn’t seem to bother it much.

If you do a good job and take care when you clean, it will last 1 or 2 months.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
you can also find epoxy sticks in colors like brownells.

Crayons work the best though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts