MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a M&P 9 shield (not 2.0) with a manual safety. I cleaned it the other day and I put it back together after field stripping and I started dry firing it then I noticed a slight rattle. I field stripped it again and I noticed it was the ejector making the rattle noise. The ejector also has a very very small amount of wiggle to it. I don't know if I'm crazy and never noticed it before, but now it's worrying me. Also one more detail to add, the ejector only rattles and wiggles when the manual safety is OFF. Is this normal and I just haven't noticed it or should I get it fixed ASAP? Thank you, God bless and God loves y'all!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Many of my bottom feeders have a slight wiggle to their ejectors. Years ago, someone mentioned that if didn't have a little 'give', it could lend itself to breaking.

Ejecting a round has 2 'parts' to it. The next round out of the mag pushes the spent round out of the slide. The ejector basically ensures that the spent round ejects to the right. With a broken ejector, only the last round may not clear the slide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many of my bottom feeders have a slight wiggle to their ejectors. Years ago, someone mentioned that if didn't have a little 'give', it could lend itself to breaking.

Ejecting a round has 2 'parts' to it. The next round out of the mag pushes the spent round out of the slide. The ejector basically ensures that the spent round ejects to the right. With a broken ejector, only the last round may not clear the slide.
Awesome thank you. One more question, if I look in the top of the slide when I lock it back. The ejector is touching the top of my bullet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts