MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have read/searched the forum on this issue but have not found the answer. My M&P 9 has shot 1.5 - 2 inches low at 25 feet since new; went back to factory for other issues and this was stated in ltr to them. Other issues fixed; no mention of impact point. I have shot hundreds of thousands of rounds in practice and competition. I do NOT have this problem with other guns, HOWEVER my M&P has the MA 10+ pound trigger!

Have just measured the front sight at .158 tall from sight base to top of post. Rear sight measures .235 high from top of slide to top of sight (verticle measure, not a slant).

I have found no mention of optional sight heights in S&W data, including Brownell's (thru #59).

Am on backlog w/Brownell's for a 6.5 pound sear block housing assembly. Do not consider very heavy trigger to be causing this problem.

Standard correction calls for raising the rear sight or lowering the front. Before getting out the file to the front sight I would like to know if there are other front sight sizes available.

Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Are you allowed to possess a lighter trigger in Mass.? If you are send your gun

out to Dan he will make it really nice. How can anyone shoot a 10 lb. trigger?

Either that or attach a crow bar to the trigger to give yourself a little leverage.

Zeke

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, we can possess one, just cannot buy a new one (DAO pistol) w/less than 10 pound trigger. Strange law since we CAN by a S&W 1911 which has a SA trigger much lighter than ten pounds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts