MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a new owner of an M&P and new to this forum I'm not too sure if this post is in the right place but I'll take a shot.

I just recently purchased a special edition M&P from our local Highway Patrol.
This gun has a unique and branded slide that I'd like to preserve and I'd like to find an additional slide, preferably in 9mm(not that it's much different from the 40 slide) so that I can eventually have it machined for an RMR and add raised sights for use with a suppressor when my stamp goes through. Midway has a few slides listed but are all on Back-Order except the 9c slide. Does anyone know of anywhere I can snag a regular 9mm full sized slide? Does Smith & Wesson sell replacement slides directly or am I fantasizing a little too much?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I see Midwayusa has a "no backorder" M&P 9mm slide for $367.00. I found a new M&P full-size 9mm pistol for $404.00 cash price with free shipping. Add a few bucks for local transfer fee and you get a complete pistol for not much more that just a slide assembly.

A few years ago me and my shooting buddy went to a local gun shop. He had a Remington 870 for which he was looking for a specific barrel for use as a house gun. He saw a complete 870 on the rack. He asked if they would sell him just the barrel. The clerk took the barrel off the shotgun and said here you go. My buddy bought the barrel and was quite satisfied with his find. A few days later we chatted and complained that for a few dollars more, he could have gotten a complete shotgun.

Personally I would just get a new M&P if funds allow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bullseye250 has it right. For what you want to do, a used slide, even one with holstering marks, would work fine and you can buy a whole used gun for what a new slide will cost. That will give you parts you can play with should you wish to do some home gunsmithing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts