MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a 9mm vs .40S&W :!:

All calibre preferences aside what version of the gun has had less technical issues? Which is more reliable?

please be 100% objective

thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
The M&P came out in .40 cal first, so I'm sure that has something to do with early issues, as the 9 didn't exist early on.

Ciao,

Effy

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
choochboost said:
The fullsize 9mm have had less problems than the fullsize .40. The issue being dropping mags. So far both the .40 and 9mm compacts seem to be running fine.

Yep.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hmmm. I thought that the early 9mm had significant FTE issues, which were not seen on the 40. Has my memory failed me again?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
You are really splitting hairs either way. I would just buy the model I wanted, in the caliber I wanted. Most of the M&Ps are running 100% out of the box. If you happen to have a problem, S&W will fix it for free.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I agree, I have ran 2 M&P's to death and no problems save the light primer strikes fixed by the 2/3 generation striker.

I love these little pistols. They are both MPA series guns

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
choochboost said:
The fullsize 9mm have had less problems than the fullsize .40. The issue being dropping mags. So far both the .40 and 9mm compacts seem to be running fine.

I staarted dropping Mags from my 40 last week and couldnt figure it out until yesterday when i thought i would change my grip and it stopped dropping mags. There was a young kid there showing interest in my 40 so i let him shoot it and he kept hitting the mag release with his thumb. so i was quite happy to it was not a technical difficulty just me dropping the mag.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts