MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not a 9mm vs .40S&W :!:

All calibre preferences aside what version of the gun has had less technical issues? Which is more reliable?

please be 100% objective

thanks

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
The fullsize 9mm have had less problems than the fullsize .40. The issue being dropping mags. So far both the .40 and 9mm compacts seem to be running fine.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
You are really splitting hairs either way. I would just buy the model I wanted, in the caliber I wanted. Most of the M&Ps are running 100% out of the box. If you happen to have a problem, S&W will fix it for free.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I agree, I have ran 2 M&P's to death and no problems save the light primer strikes fixed by the 2/3 generation striker.

I love these little pistols. They are both MPA series guns

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Mine still shoots, so I guess that's a good thing... :wink:

·
Registered
62 Posts
choochboost said:
The fullsize 9mm have had less problems than the fullsize .40. The issue being dropping mags. So far both the .40 and 9mm compacts seem to be running fine.

I staarted dropping Mags from my 40 last week and couldnt figure it out until yesterday when i thought i would change my grip and it stopped dropping mags. There was a young kid there showing interest in my 40 so i let him shoot it and he kept hitting the mag release with his thumb. so i was quite happy to it was not a technical difficulty just me dropping the mag.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.