MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im thinking about getting the m&p full size 9 for my 1st pistol and carry. I'm wondering if its worth it to get the kit-3 mags, Blade-Tech holster, and Blade-Tech mag holster for $60-80 more or just get the pistol only. ill probably use the mag holster, and only use the owb holster when going to the range, i plan on using a ctac iwb. thanks

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I thinks its worth the extra money, Blade-Tech makes a good product, you wont be disappointed. Plus its a great starter set, you have all that you need to get what you need done; instead of searching other places for whatever you want. It is all there for you, its a good buy, go for it...

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
It is a great buy! I only paid $40 more for mine. Call around and you will get a better price I'm sure!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
coltman1985 said:
It is a great buy! I only paid $40 more for mine. Call around and you will get a better price I'm sure!!

Wow only $40 more?!?!? what was the otd price? i was thinking buds if i was going the just pistol route, but they just raised their prices, so gunbroker seems to be the best so far. $409.99 pistol vs. $499.49 w/ kit

·
Registered
157 Posts
I purchased mine as the kit.

The holster isn't bad at all.

You get a third magazine.

At the right price it's worth it as your good to go right out of the box.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The holster retails for around $25, the mag pouch for $21 and spare mags are $35, more or less. That makes the carry kit worth around $80 extra. The holster and the mag pouch have belt loops that your belt has to be threaded through, so they are not as convenient to get on and off as a paddle or belt snaps. Good for the range, though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, good for the range, thats what i was thinking, but couldnt ya just wear your normal holster there or is there a difference???? or is that just and excuse to use your other holster sitting around?? out of the $80 worth of stuff, ill be paying $60 extra from what im looking at. so i dont know if its worth the extra where i could buy a comp-tac owb paddle holster. AAAHHHH im so indecisive!!!! do any of yall use the mag pouches??? and can i use it for idpa??

well im off to drive to the range, going to finally shoot the m&p tomorrow (the closest range is 85 miles away and dont want to drive 170 miles in one day so im crashing at my friends place). but more and likely im going to love it since ive been drinking the cool aid for a while.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
FuRyInYoFaCe said:
well im off to drive to the range, going to finally shoot the m&p tomorrow (the closest range is 85 miles away and dont want to drive 170 miles in one day so im crashing at my friends place). but more and likely im going to love it since ive been drinking the cool aid for a while.

85 miles ouch and I though a 35 minute drive was bad!!!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
The carry kit's principal advantage, IMHO, is that you walk out of the store with the gun and three mags, as well as with a holster and double mag pouch that fits your weapon. You're ready to shoot a qualification round, if you need to, or go to the range and practice.

However, if you prefer paddles or belt snaps for OWB concealed carry, then you will probably end up buying another holster. I just bought the Galco Matrix MX7 for the Sig P229. It fits the M&P pretty well. The MX7 snaps on to your belt, holds the weapon tighter against your body and is convenient to take on and off. Bianchi makes the Evader that is similar and has an automatic retention system. If I were to carry open, I would use the Blade Tech that came with the carry kit but, to carry concealed, the Matrix is more convenient and concealable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OMG I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just got back from the range and wow, i never shot such small groups, feels excellent in my hands. the drive/night was not what i expected and heres the story for anyone that wants to read it, it was NOT what id expect out of the night
:

i drove out of here at 9pm to meet my buddy at his apt at 10, he said he would be done with his stuff at that time and agreed if any plans changed hed call or text me to come earlier or later. im horrible with directions and got lost 3 times going to his apt, when i was finally at his street i didnt know what apt complex he lived in so i was calling him up leaving voice mails, i call up one of my other buddies to parties in buckhead a lot and he said he was comeing down. i was about 3 blocks away from where the pub we go to is so i turned around but got lost, ended up driving for 1 1/2 hours to get back to the same spot i was before while he was texing me helping me get back, i seriously drove all over the atl. so my best friend that i was supposed to crash at texted me at 11pm (keep in mind i was supposed to be there at 10pm) and said "tonight isnt gonna work dude im stayin at the hotel" i got quite pissed and told him he better call me, he finally did and pretty much the last things i said was, "so your saying to your convienence, since you drank your going to crash at a hotel when we made plans after driving 70 miles???" and he said yea, selfish *******!!! and he was like i dunno what to do, and i said i want you to sit there and feel sh*tty as hell that you screwed over your best freind, im done with you" and hung up. he texted me and said "dude im sorry im drunk i wasnt gonna stay here but im drunk i didnt mean to f*ck ur night over" i politely replied, "F*ck you man you didnt f*ck my night you f*cked me over". so i finally get to the pub and just enjoy the night not knowing where to crash that night. there was this one girl mean mugging the hell out of me and her friend comes up and asks for my number for her friend!! lol, she gave me a call later that night and wanted me to come by and talk a little, so me and my buddy goes over there, yada yada yada, i wake my friend up sleeping in the living room on the couch at 6am and we leave, i crash at his place and the next day i shoot the m&p with a grin from ga to china. total distance i drove that night, ~175 miles

ok, i think i will go ahead and get the kit then, i greatly appreciate all the help, gunbroker here i come, total costs $509.49, unless anyone knows any online sites cheaper that would be greatly appreciated as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I paid $519 locally for the carry kit. Wth tax was $10 more than Buds with shipping and FFL fee added to it. It's worth the $10 to not have the wait and support my local gun shop. He also gives a $25 range credit with all gun purchases, so it comes out the wash anyay.

Edit: I like the Blade Tech holster that came with the kit. It hgolds firmly and conceals well, but I'm still going to have some nice IWB leather made for it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I bought an M&P 9c as a carry gun. My wife came with me to pick it and she loved it on sight! She immediately whipped out the plastic to buy a full size. I asked the store owner to look in to the carry kit and he did. When he came back he told me the 9mm with the carry kit was only 20 bucks more!!! Dang I was jealous. The holster and pouches work fine for the range. I use the 17rd mags in my compact and they work fine also. I only wish they would have had a carry kit for the compact. I had to buy and extra mag, mag pouch, and holster. It all adds up and cost me a LOT more in the long run. The compact carry kit should include IWB holster and mag pouch. That would REALLY be sweet.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
jon_in_wv said:
I only wish they would have had a carry kit for the compact. I had to buy and extra mag, mag pouch, and holster. It all adds up and cost me a LOT more in the long run.
You're not supposed to add it up. Doing so may inhibit further firearms purchases and that's not how we roll. :wink:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here's the nice thing about the Blade-Tech Revolution holster that comes with the kit, it can be both a belt holster as well as a paddle holster. You can get the paddle attachment for about $10 from Blade-Tech (I got mine form Speed Shooters). It's a great holster for range work, but no so much for concealment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts