MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added night sights to their M&P 9C? Looking for a good tritium night sight w/3 dots for a guy with older eyes. If you did add them what type did you use?

Thank you in advance

Engineer Bill

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Pstmstr put a night sight on the front of his M&P9c. If you PM him, he will tell you about it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
night sight

I left my rear sights stock on mine but ordered a front sight only from Speedshooters. It's an OEM according to the package and invoice. I might put a night sight rear on as well but haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Engineer Bill......That Handle brings back memories. Anybody else remember playing Red Light, Green Light??? Guess I gave away my age!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I just installed the Ameriglo Operators on my M&P. I LOVE them. THe rear notch is much wider and it really makes the sight picture a lot nicer. I think they would work nicely for you. I can't stand the rounded notch sights. I like a rear notch that is deep enough to let you see the whole front sight and wide enough for plenty of light on either side of the front sight. The Ameriglos are perfect.

·
Registered
649 Posts
The AmeriGlo Operators are designed by Bowie Tactical Concepts (a sight supporter) and he has then in stock for all M&P models. They are $95 installed by David Bowie. All you have to do is pay for shipping of your slide both ways and he'll install them with about a week turnaround. I've been emailing him about the process and availability. I'll be shipping my compact and full size out in the next week or so to get the Operator version installed on both.

I was going to wait for the Warren Tactical (I would prefer a two dot system) but who knows when they will actually be out and I'm not into trying to change out the sight myself so it's nice to have the designer and dealer of the sights actually install them for you like Bowie will. If he happens to mess anything up while installing them I'm sure he'd take care of the problem without any worries... I emailed the gunsmith that Warren Tactical suggested for the install of his sights but they never emailed back. I'm not into trying to force my business onto people that aren't responsive.

David Bowie has responded quickly to several emails of mine so I'd much rather send my business his way.

Here's a link...

If anyone has any feedback about the Bowie/AmeriGlo Operator sights I love to hear it...

Thanks, Jason

·
Registered
29 Posts
Until today I had an XS Big Dot Trijicon up front and the stock M&P rear sight (I did not like the shallow V XS rear sight). I have tried to get used to the Big Dot, but finally gave up and installed the XS Small Dot today. The problem I had with the Big Dot, is it shot low unless I completely covered the bullseye with the front sight or even higher. I prefer a 6 o'clock or a little higher hold. I imagine the XS Small Dot will be a little more to my liking. Call XS, they have many night sights available not listed on their website.

I had 3 dot night sights on my Kahr, but the rear sights were very confusing at night - my eyes suck at night. I replaced the rear night sight with a standard site, and it is now much easier to pick up the all important front sight at night.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bowie installed the operator set of night sites on my 45 mp, TOTAL turn around time was only 7 days! I think that I paid around $17 for return shipping. I would rather pay that small amount then take the chance of damaging the gun trying to install them myself. Totally pleased with the sites and Bowies service.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Waterwolf, the XS front sight is not designed to be used with the stock rear sight. Its much taller. You can't blame the sight if you used it in a way that it wasn't supposed to be used. I had the XS sights on my M&P but I like the Ameriglo Operators much better. They give a very clear view of the front sight and the green/yellow sights are very positive and easy to use in low light.

·
Registered
343 Posts
i installed a set of BOWIE TACTICAL NIGHT SIGHTS for my 9c and i am in love with them.. very visible in day , evening or night.. the rear notch is a little wider than normal so there is more view of field and they are a perfect flush mount fit.

·
Registered
158 Posts
+1 for Davids night sights i just installed my set on my 40c last night was fairly painless actually and what a difference going to the range tommorow

·
Registered
7 Posts
My gun is at Bowies right now getting Ameriglo's installed. It's been a couple of weeks and I am like a kid at Christmas. I can't wait to get it back. I am going to the range on Friday, hopefully it will be here by then.

·
Registered
649 Posts
My gun is at Bowies right now getting Ameriglo's installed. It's been a couple of weeks and I am like a kid at Christmas. I can't wait to get it back. I am going to the range on Friday, hopefully it will be here by then.

Let me know what your total turn-around time is when you get them back. I UPS'ed my two slides to Bowie on Monday. He should get them Friday....

Jason

1 - 20 of 21 Posts