MP-Pistol Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my M&P9c and when I opened the case the pistol opening was for a much larger pistol with a hammer. The mag slots were correct either. I called S&W and talk to David Valence and asked about this problem. He said that they didn't make an insert to fit the M&P compact that they used to full size insert. I told him that the mag places were correct etc. but he didn't give any answer. So I am asking if your inserts are incorrectly sized. I am going to try to attach a picture of the case with the pistol so you can tell what I am talking about. Thanks.....

I tried to add the picture but I got a message that stated "You must have 2 posts before you can post URL's/Links" So any help will be appreciated.

Don

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I hope this will allow me to post the picture.

Don

·
Registered
132 Posts
That's freakin' ridiculous. You would think that if you bought a $5oo gun, you'd get a dollar's worth of correct sized foam to go with it. That gun sure does look tiny in that BIG ol' case.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't believe what he had to say either. I have sent the picture to a Kate Fredette at S&W. I think she may be a supervisor and asked for her thoughts on the problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's normal mine came the same way. i think they just used the same case for the fullsize so they didn't have to make another mold for the compacts. anything to save money i guess!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well, the way Smith does buisness, I wouldn't bet against you recieving a new case with an extra mag in the mail sometime soon.

·
Registered
129 Posts
That is normal, S&W uses the same insert for the compact and standard size M&Ps. Should they use different inserts for the compact? Perhaps, but what difference would it make? The box is just a method of carrying the pistol to and from the range or storing it. It isn't going to be damaged because of the larger foam cutout. I don't spend a lot of time looking at my pistols in their boxes and worrying about the appearance of them there. They are tools, and the box is perfectly functional. Maybe S&W should provide a smaller box for the compact, as the box its self is much bigger than it needs to be. I'd be happier with that change.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply. I can't believe they are doing this. They are taking a very nice pistol and sticking it in a very cheap looking case just to save a buck. Their marketing people must be.......to allow something like this to make it to the market place.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Landric, my problem is that if S&W is willing to present the item, which we will assume is a quality item, in an inferior manner then you must have some reservation as to the real quality of the item being sold. If they take pride in their pistols then I would think they would also take pride in their presentation of the pistols. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Mine came the same way.

In the overall Scheme of things is it really that Big of a deal?

How often is it in the box? How often do you open it? me not that often, the box is in the safe. gun on my hip. I think it looks Sexy on my hip. not in the box.

I know i am just being a smart ass.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I honestly cannot believe that this is bothering you enough to post about it. It just saves $$ having a one size fits all. I did not even give it a second thought. The box is in the back of my closet. The gun in my holster.

Ron

·
Registered
93 Posts
I guess they could make it fit and charge you $20 more for it.

I don't have a problem with it. They are producing a quality handgun at a very reasonable price.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well it comes down to standards. I have mine and you have yours. I feel good about my high standards and I'm sure you feel good about your standards. I've noticed this on several posts that theres always someone to try and belittle others just because they don't have the same standard, priorities etc. As for "dollars" or "20 dollars" this is at most a .10 cent issue. All the material is already there all it takes is a different stamping process. Enough said......

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
ront said:
I honestly cannot believe that this is bothering you enough to post about it. It just saves $$ having a one size fits all. I did not even give it a second thought. The box is in the back of my closet. The gun in my holster.

Ron

I agree 100% as a matter of fact I love the big case because of a previous topic I CUSTOM MADE a range case that will fit both my M&P's take note of the pic. Personally I enjoy the pistol more than the case do you buy a loaf of bread for the package or the bread????? IMO

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not to participate in a flame session...but, he never was complaining about the size of the case. His point concerns the foam cutouts contained within the case. I have a full size and I love the way my M&P sits snuggly within the foam. Why exactly would it not make sense for the compacts to fit the same way. Regardless of its functionality, it looks cheap and that's his point. Packaging is of the utmost importance in the marketplace. Millions of dollars are spent to have products look good when you buy them. Fortunately, it wouldn't cost Smith a million dollars to stamp the foams in a way that was more correctly associated with the firearms that they hold. While I may buy a good tasting bread that came in a trash bag, that doesn't mean that I would appreciate that they packaged it that way.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
101Combat Vet - I don't understand your problem with my message. From the time I saw what you had done with your MP case I had thought I might do the same. You did a great job of making the holes so that your pieces would fit. I assume you are proud of your accomplishment and it certainly looks like you are proud to display the quality of your work to others. All I was saying was that S&W did a very poor job of setting up the carry case for the compact M&P. I never complained about the size of the case and have no idea why you and others have tried to make like I did. I am through posting on the boards. Best of luck in the future. Don

·
Registered
573 Posts
I only use my case to store the gun lock that came with the gun. Keeps it clean and like new. My gun is either on my hip, in my pickup truck, or somewhere handy in the house. It's never been back in the case since the day I brought it home. Just my $0.02...........

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I guess if you gotta lady about something....... :?

·
Registered
471 Posts
doctork11 said:
Well it comes down to standards. I have mine and you have yours. I feel good about my high standards and I'm sure you feel good about your standards. I've noticed this on several posts that theres always someone to try and belittle others just because they don't have the same standard, priorities etc. As for "dollars" or "20 dollars" this is at most a .10 cent issue. All the material is already there all it takes is a different stamping process. Enough said......

doctork11, belittling you was not my intention at all. If that is how my post made you feel, I am sorry. I have some pretty high standards also, although I do not feel that this has anything to do with standards. I work as a Quality Inspector all day long and believe me, I can and do get pretty anal about some things. This just is not one of them. This is just one way of saving money. I would much rather have the Novac sights as a standard sight on this gun vs a piece of foam that is cut to an exact fit.

Ron

·
Registered
498 Posts
Wow that's so bizarre. My M&P40c has foam that fits everything perfectly. What you got there is just weird looking, looks so different than my foam. Mine stuff fits nice and snug in proper sized foam obviously made for the compact.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.