·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rick M
Thank you for your reply, i installed the following kit,
all went well for the first 300+ rounds and then dead trigger issues
did report it to apex who require numerous amount of pictures which also
means dismantling the firearm. The firearm is a new and only a total of 400 rounds
has been discharged through it, apart from XS big dot sights installed no other modification has been
done to the firearm.
Any guidance as to wghere to look would be greatly appreciate
Apex M&P Forward Set Sear & Trigger Kit
Firearm: M&P 9C COMPACT
Trigger Type : Polymer curved

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rick M
Thank you for your reply, i installed the following kit,
all went well for the first 300+ rounds and then dead trigger issues
did report it to apex who require numerous amount of pictures which also
means dismantling the firearm. The firearm is a new and only a total of 400 rounds
has been discharged through it, apart from XS big dot sights installed no other modification has been
done to the firearm.
Any guidance as to wghere to look would be greatly appreciate
Apex M&P Forward Set Sear & Trigger Kit
Firearm: M&P 9C COMPACT
Trigger Type : Polymer curved
Had a similar issue with same trigger in my compact. They show in one of there video adjusting the trigger travel (where it engages the sear). Mine did not have enough free play to let the reset reset. I increased the travel in the trigger enough to let the reset work and no more issues.
Chuck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chuck again, My compact is first gen, not 2.0. the trigger is different on the 2.0's. Don't have a clue if yours is 2.0
Chuck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a similar issue with same trigger in my compact. They show in one of there video adjusting the trigger travel (where it engages the sear). Mine did not have enough free play to let the reset reset. I increased the travel in the trigger enough to let the reset work and no more issues.
Chuck
Chuck
I will closely examine this part of the issue, but at rest there is a bit of play between the trigger and the sear.
The confusing part is it functioned perfectly for 300+ rounds and then dead trigger issues, one would figure
if its the sear and trigger gap it should happen from 0 or near that.
I am in contact with APEX re the issue, sending pictures etc. as soon as i get some advice from them i will
certainly let you know.
Please bear in mind i am a novice in the learning curve but i thank you for your response and look forward to
additional advice. How do you increase the trigger travel??????

·
Registered
218 Posts
Almost every failure I see with M&Ps involve improperly installed Apex parts.
Hopefully Apex can straighten out your problem.
You can always return it to stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts