MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the market for a new 9mm, and I've narrowed it down to these two. I own a 45c already and like I very much. Now I want something roughly the same size in 9mm.
Do any of you have an opinion one or way or another from your experience with the firearms? I've been able to get my hands on a few mod.2s, and I gotta tell you, they feel fantastic in my hand, I've jus never fired one.
YouTube has a handful of videos comparing the two, but as a M&P owner, I'm looking for a well formed opinion from someone with a M&P bias like myself.
Thanks!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I don't. I only have experience with my 40c, which has been great. But I wanted to make you aware, if you weren't already that the 9c and 40c are a little smaller than the 45c. I wasn't aware until I shot my friend's 45c.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely. These 9s would be around an inch shorter in muzzle length just by comparing dimensions against mine in the store. The XD with its 3" barrel is considered a sub-compact. Not sure hat the threshold is to get from sub-compact to compact, but I guess it's about an inch...

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Mod2 and 9c were my final contenders also - both fine pistols.

Ergonomics are very good on both but the interchangeable back straps pushed me towards the 9c. The large back strap really felt great.

The longer barrel of the 9c was attractive as it affords a bit more security for a high ride appendix carry.

Either pistol would have served me well but the 9c just checked a few more boxes for me and I'd do it again.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Mod2 and 9c were my final contenders also - both fine pistols.

Ergonomics are very good on both but the interchangeable back straps pushed me towards the 9c. The large back strap really felt great.

The longer barrel of the 9c was attractive as it affords a bit more security for a high ride appendix carry.

Either pistol would have served me well but the 9c just checked a few more boxes for me and I'd do it again.

Best of luck to you.
This is the same with me. I had an XDS pistol and liked the Springfield guns but after looking at all the specs and trying the guns I went with the M&P9c.
I liked the interchangeable backstraps on the 9c.
I liked the dimensions better on the 9c. For carry, I really liked the height of 4.3" on the M&P vs the 4.75" on the Mod.2. I also liked the longer barrel of the M&P. In other words the M&P dimensions fit better with what was important to me.
The weight is the same. The specs for the M&P9c list the weight as 21.7oz but I weighed the gun with the flush fit mag and it weighs 26oz, the same as the Mod.2. The Mod.2 does carry one more round in the flush mag, but at the expense of more height. The extended magazine (that I use for backup) on the M&P carries one more round than the Mod.2 extended mag.
They are both good guns. If they both feel good to you and you shoot each well, then look at the specs and determine which are most important to you and go from there.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I have a friend who has the XDs & likes it okay but had a few problems & didn't care much for Springfield's CS. I didn't ask & he didn't elaborate. He handled but didn't shoot my 40C & I saw his eyes light up. I'm pretty sure he's in Florida for the winter otherwise I'd ask him. I don't have his cell number, either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts