MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired an M&P 9c 1.0. The gun is incredibly accurate but the trigger lacks much to be desired. The pre-travel is what I would call extensive as the seer doesn't engage until the trigger is almost at the overtravel stop notch at rear of the trigger well. There is an audible and tactile reset though. I have a full size 9 and the trigger is fine with the help of the Apex reset assist mechahism. My question is would this be something that S&W could remedy or should I go down the Apex USB route? S&W isn't really helpful on the phone they just ask if I want to send it in? Thanks

·
Site Staff
9,585 Posts
IMHO this would be helped with the application of some Apex parts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Every m&p pistol I've owned gets the apex treatment. You can get the carry and defensive kit with a polymer trigger shoe for around $100

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. So you believe the Apex trigger job will address the pre-travel issue.

·
Site Staff
9,585 Posts
Its hard for me to know if it will do specifically what you want it to do, but every M&P can benefit from some attention with Apex parts.

I have 3 M&Ps, 2 have Apex Tactical trigger kits in them, I left the Shield stock since I believe the somewhat heavier pull is a bit safer in a carry pistol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have Apex kits in all my centerfire M&P's.
After feeling the dramatic difference in my full size 9 and 45c I didn't even bother shooting my 9c with the factory trigger. I installed the Apex kit right after I bought it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What happen to the do it yourself people?
If you can shoot a firearm, you should be
able to fix issues that popup. I own 5
versions of 1.0 9mm & 45 M&P's and
have an Apex trigger installed in 1
pistol just for shits and giggles. The
rest are all modded by me and work
great. I own 1 M&P PC pistol and will
never buy another one. What a waste
of money. My mods work and all with
factory parts and a Dremel and some
JB Weld. Check out Burwell's website.
VERY helpful. Just my $.02 worth.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I recently acquired an M&P 9c 1.0. The gun is incredibly accurate but the trigger lacks much to be desired. The pre-travel is what I would call extensive as the seer doesn't engage until the trigger is almost at the overtravel stop notch at rear of the trigger well. There is an audible and tactile reset though. I have a full size 9 and the trigger is fine with the help of the Apex reset assist mechahism. My question is would this be something that S&W could remedy or should I go down the Apex USB route? S&W isn't really helpful on the phone they just ask if I want to send it in? Thanks
Sounds like a simple trigger loop adjustment would take care of the problem, IF, you can work on it yourself.
I vote APEX, but thats just me. Their stuff usually works VERY well, IF, you know what your doing.

EDIT:
Just my own personal opinion, i NEVER send my guns back to the mothership. I fix them my self.
I`ve never been fond of sending them back, they dont have a very good track record of fixing the problem(s).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts