MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dept.just authorized bunch of new guns. bought mp 9compact for off-duty. just sent it back to smith, put 400 rds thru it, jams with every magazine every 3-5 rounds, on everything except ball. tried different weights, brands. DOES NOT work with hollowpoints. very disappointed. especially since i sold a flawless glock 26 to get the smith. anyone else have any problems. ive never been a smith fan, but i really want to give this gun a chance, it feels so good in my hand.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
What, exactly, was the failure you were experiencing?

Where was the nose of the JHP getting hung up or stuck?

·
Registered
109 Posts
compact

Hard to say why it did that, my 26 and M&P compact both have had zero problems. I think your problem is definitely not the norm, I'm sure S&W will get it resolved.

·
Registered
308 Posts
em8260 said:
Dept.just authorized bunch of new guns. bought mp 9compact for off-duty. just sent it back to smith, put 400 rds thru it, jams with every magazine every 3-5 rounds, on everything except ball. tried different weights, brands. DOES NOT work with hollowpoints. very disappointed. especially since i sold a flawless glock 26 to get the smith. anyone else have any problems. ive never been a smith fan, but i really want to give this gun a chance, it feels so good in my hand.

I hope this is just an anomaly, but I had the same issue today with my brand new 9c. It ran the FMJ perfectly, but would hang every few rounds on the hollow points. I ran the full box (Remington Golden Saber 124 Grain Brass Jacketed Hollow Point) of 25, 5 rounds at a time. It appeared to hang on the lip of the feed ramp. I ran a total 125 rounds thru today, I figure I will run a few hundred more FMJ over the next few weeks and see if it cleans up. I will also pick up an assortment of HP's to try.

On a side note, this baby can drive tacks and is smooth as silk to shoot!

·
Registered
26 Posts
9c Issue

Sorry to say, I have had the same experience with my 9c. FMJ ammo ran perfect, however, this gun hates HPs. I tried boxes of Federal Hydra-Shok, Federal HST and Speer Gold-Dot. All seem to hang up on the ramp every few rounds.

The only way to shoot with HPs is to slap the mag bottom hard, or give the slide a hard push with weak hand. Long story short, I sent the firearm back to S&W yesterday.

Has anyone else had this problem, sent the gun to S&W, and had the problem 100% resolved? Or should I just plan on trading the gun in for another type as soon as I get it back?

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts