• M&P 9mm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HK USP 9mm

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I picked M&P, because I feel that they are both equally reliable, but with the M&P, you don't pay the H&K Price. Plus, the M&P is made in the US

·
Registered
73 Posts
Depends on what I'd be doing with it... If I was shooting Bulls-Eye or going into a war-zone, I'd take a USP. The M&P is perfectly adequete for domestic self-defense, plinking and gaming, however... and the price is right.

·
Registered
673 Posts
M&P. It shoots well, feels good and is a work horse that's basic. USP $$$ but a good gun.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I voted M&P cause that is what I bought.

How is yours perfoorming now 243ww?

:twisted:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I voted USP for a very basic reason. I've had zero issues with my USP 45 and have sent my MP40 back to S&W twice. This is not to say that all USP's are perfect and all MP's are crap, YMMV.

When I took my CCW class, I used their range rental USP 9mm for the qualification part. First time to ever even hold a USP, had not been shooting in many years, and I scored very highly with a small ragged hole dead center of mass (and a few fliers).

Some advantages of MP over USP:

• - USP has non-standard frame rail (new non-USP HK's have standard rail)

- MP has configurable grip (feels really good in your hand, but again, newest HK's have this)

- MP is usually almost half the price of an HK (but this is not really comparing the GUNS themselves)

- MP is smaller overall and therefore easier to conceal

• With the USP's, you have several trigger options such as DA/SA, SA, DAO, or LEM. So, you can carry a USP cocked and locked in SA mode just like a 1911 if you so choose.

I hear that the new HK 9mm P30 and also the new HK45 both have dramatically improved on the grip ergonomics with the P30 being even more fine grainly customizable than the MP - but I personally have yet to try out either one. But yeah, they are relatively pretty expensive, with the HK45 running close to or more than $1,000.

If I had to choose only one single handgun, between just an MP or a USP, I would bet my life on the USP without hesitation. But that is just from MY personal experience. You'll most certainly find people on this forum who will feel exactly the opposite.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
If you're asking which I prefer, that's a hard one for me. If you're asking which I prefer specifically for carry then its much easier. I much prefer the M&P for carry. I have a USP that I have qualified with it and can carry if I choose, but I never do.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I love the USP. It was the first pistol I shot that felt good in my hands.

I bought an M&P and voted M&P. The reasons were (in no particular order)

1. American company.

2. Price

3. Felt even better in my hands than the USP

I would still love to own a USP. I may even buy one some day. Right now, I am happy with the M&P and would buy one again.

MI_Jester

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ah Chooch.....I don't miss California....we don't have to "qualify" our arms here in Tennessee:) Its a nice change...anyways...this is a very tough decision for me. I sold my sig and my springfields...and all i use are M&P's and HK's now. (OK well I did keep the Para) Point is...the M&P's have really earned my respect. I haven't any problems with them. I go through M&P days and then have a week of carrying an HK. When I go the gym...the M&P is the only thing that hides nice in an ankle holster. So I just don't know what I like better...but I consider my M&P's to be right up there with my HK's....two different animals....but anyways...the M&P is here to stay I think. Of course I'll re-evaluate that when my P30 arrives in the next couple of weeks

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
PaiMei said:
Ah Chooch.....I don't miss California....we don't have to "qualify" our arms here in Tennessee:)
Dang! :oops: I just figured out who you are.

I sold my sig and my springfields...
:?: But you loved your XD. I don't blame you for selling your Sig...just cleared up some cash to put towards something else no doubt.

and all i use are M&P's and HK's now.
Atta boy. Whoever steered you in that direction must have known what he was talking about. 8)

the M&P is the only thing that hides nice in an ankle holster.
What rig are you using?

I'll re-evaluate that when my P30 arrives in the next couple of weeks
I officially hate you. Rub it in why don't you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
But you loved your XD.

Ok your right I did love my XD......that is, until I fired my buddies M&P .45. The XD 45 was traded in and swapped out within 2 hours
BTW...I accidently put "springfields" I meant singular.

Your old friend is being carried in a Galco fletch high ride belt holster. We have open carry here...so yes I occasionally show it off. I also swapped out the mags to the standard 12rd ones. There be no Communist stuff here:)

My M&P compact is on a Galco uh...i think "ankle lite" or something like that. Bought it off a friend...it was made for a glock but it fits close enough.

I officially hate you. Rub it in why don't you.

Ya...actually I thought about ya when I was paying for it...I was like "dude hes gonna kill me." I probably shouldn't tell you about the USP compact tacti-cool .45 either huh? Well have to catch up soon.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just out of curiosity, have you considered the H&K P30?

I would vote M&P just on the basis of the ergonomics (USPs are very nice, but they feel like a brick in my hand--and I have big hands even). With the P30, however, HK seems to have improved the ergonomics considerably. Reliability and accuracy are still within the same realm as the USP series (upon which the new P30 is heavily based).

I ultimately steered away from the P30 because it is available in only one chambering (9mm) and only traditional DA/SA (I prefer bigger rounds, and a consistent trigger pull from first to subsequent shots), but that is a matter of personal preference. If you don't mind those characteristics, it might be a good option for you. If you are already considering a USP9, you should at least look at the P30.

Your best bet is to shoot as many of your contenders as possible. If you can manage to shoot them all, you will probably "just know" which one is right for you after you have fired them.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
One major difference between the P30 and USP would be that the USP has a manual safety is capable of being carried C&L. That allows for the same trigger pull every time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts